Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on February 09, 2021, 06:31:18 PM
Hey Tom:

Now that is just so cool.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you very much my friend, appreciate the comment.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

i also added a memory bench. Here I am with the Babe, remembering our dear friend Jim Miller, jimmillho, on the forum.

The small red tree in the foreground and the two others are trees professionally and custom built for the Atlantic and Southern RR by Kris Cutler.

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

When adding new scenery or shrubs to the layout, I always have some seepage of matte medium onto the dirt road.

These are the dark spots on the road in the photos below.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In a previous post, about three years ago, I showed how to get rid of the dark spots.  Here is how to do it.

Take some of the same dirt you used for the road and pour it in a small cup or container of your choice.

Take a soft bristle brush, about an inch wide, and dip the brush into the dirt. Then paint the dirt onto the dark spots.

Here is how it will look after painting the dirt on.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I narrowed the dirt road by adding more scenery material to each side of the road.

Loco cab view of the church and graveyard.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Beautiful scene Tom. I love the lighted church and the bench of rememberence for Jim. You look younger on the bench :)
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

That's really terrific Tom!  I really hope I can see it in person one of these days.  Stupid pandemic.   >:(
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tct855

ACL 1504,
                  Wow!  Nice job on the scene...  https://youtu.be/3Ds0DRCNXN4?t=128
                                                                                                                              Thanx Thom...

nycjeff

Hello Tom. a really nice job on the church/ cemetery scene. You do such a nice job adding little details to tell a story.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Janbouli

Great scene Tom . We really miss Jimmi on the N-scale forum .
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Lovely scene and nice tribute to a great modeller. Well done.
Mike :)

Mark Dalrymple

Really nice, Tom.

The scene has a very natural flow and rhythm.

Cheers, mark.

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR