Justice City Layout Build

Started by JusticeCity, October 16, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooStupid

Quote from: GPdemayo on February 01, 2021, 03:24:46 PM
Great scene Marty and beautiful work on the grass and weeds..... 8)

Sometimes you just need to get into those weeds and let them tell the story.

tooStupid

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 01, 2021, 05:10:14 PM
Everything looks great Marty.

Curt,

thanks for dropping by and commenting. All comments are appreciated, good or bad.

MartyO

I finally got around to doing some finishing touches on the Murdoch structure.

The first picture in the daytime picture.

The second picture is the night time with the lights on. (notice the people in some of the windows.)

Marty

MartyO

Then I started on getting the handled track back into gauge and adjust the "role, pitch and yaw" of the track. In some places there were dips from the foam sinking/compressing overtime which caused the locos to stall. In other places one rail was straight and the second rail was wobbly. Then there were sections where one rail was higher than the other coasting power outages.

The only way I could fix these was to remove the spikes and put in new ties, or in some cases lay shaved ties onto of the old ties. I hope this fixes it for ever - probably not. There is a 1% grade from the ocean on the right to the mainline on the left.

Here are some sample of the track repairs.

Marty

PS: I also did some road work by flattening/raising some of the roads, widening where needed, removing in/out roads to the diorama restricting it to only one. Then the first pass of road asphalt was put down. More needs to be done on that.
Marty