Lunde Studios City Bus Terminal

Started by Janbouli, December 16, 2018, 10:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

It's been a while since my last build , and I am not anywhere near the part of my layout where I plan this , but someone at nScale.net asked for some Lunde Studio kits, so I'm building the Bus station now.
Box and contents.
Resin parts in color.

I will be painting some but not all parts , just weathering some of them.

Instructions with plenty of photographs , the signs are not decals , not a problem but maybe the BUS signs should have been decals. Don't think I will be using the Snailways signs.

Most of the parts are taped to the cardboard , I have no idea why these parts were hotglued , not handy.

First task , cutting and sanding off al the sprue parts.

Cutting out flash, easy because it is very thin.

I love photo's, don't we all.

vinceg

That looks like a fun kit. Glad it only comes in N or I might be tempted to think about it.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

GPdemayo

Neat looking structure Jan.....I'll be looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

Thanks Greg and Vince ( don't they have it in H0? )

First weathering of the base with AK Neutral Gray Wash

Started assembling the walls with the entrance, I used CA ( Superglue) to glue all parts.

Some parts had to be sanded to fit.

Janbouli

Inside windows assembled then glazed with provided plastic glazing.

The hotglue isn't easy to clean , and because this is a visible part it has to be done.

Painted the posts before cutting to size.

Sanded the roof until it fit.

Painting the roof with Engine Black

Both roofs painted. Next up painting the AC with Vallejo Egg Green.

PRR Modeler

Looks great Jan. Of course I'll be following.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Pretty neat looking structure/kit!  Thanks for sharing.  I'll be watching to see how this one goes together.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Lynnb

This will be neat to follow along , I always find it interesting how a plastic can be transformed into a well weathered finish.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

Janbouli

Thanks Curt , Bob , Lynn glad to have you following , don't hesitate to give comments.

Quote from: Lynnb on December 16, 2018, 02:09:56 PMThis will be neat to follow along , I always find it interesting how a plastic can be transformed into a well weathered finish.
Let's hope I can do that then  :-\

ACL1504

Jan,

I've been on the follow trail but just now found some time to post.

Great job on a great looking kit. Interesting structure from Lunde, I like it.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Thank you Tom, hope to finish the structure tomorrow , then find some little people waiting for a bus.

Janbouli

The concrete tiles on the base were all the same color, so I painted the pedestrian walkways with Badger light grey primer, it's a translucent paint so it just changed the color slightly and gave it a flatter finish. On the left has been painted and even while still being a bit wet it gives a flatter finish.
The result is to my liking.

I used powders to dirty all the walls , from bottom to top to make the bottom of the walls slightly more dirty from rain splash.

Janbouli

I painted the vent system with Vallejo Duck Egg Green, exactly the same color as the resin AC unit in the kit.
On the left top corner you can see a square part, the kit has it there for a chimney , but if you look at the structure there can't be a chimney there, it's right on top of the space for unloading . Removing this part was not an option , so I will look and see if I can place a vent on top of it , that would make more sense above the unloading space.

As you can see in the next 2 photo's the roof is all black , too bland.

At Eurospoor I learned about Faber Castell crayons the Albrecht Durer type, they hold on plastic and resin until made wet then you can rub them off , while dry they will not rub off.  I used these in a few different greys and browns to sort of dry brush the roof. It's difficult to see on the photo's but it really changed the roofs blandness.

Next up the Bus sign above the entrance.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

hey Jan:

Looks great so far. I'm along for the ride.

Karl