Howard Zane's Piermont Division

Started by ACL1504, April 27, 2014, 03:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

No Bob, you and the Judge were great. It was the 17 hours in the saddle that rubbed me a little raw!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

The pictures look great Tom.  I will be getting on this project in a few weeks - I took lots of pictures too! Oh and the key to the road trip is to have a few places along the way to stop and get out of the car and have some fun.  Straight through road trips take the fun out of any trip. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 24, 2015, 05:43:49 PM
Tom

The pictures look great Tom.  I will be getting on this project in a few weeks - I took lots of pictures too! Oh and the key to the road trip is to have a few places along the way to stop and get out of the car and have some fun.  Straight through road trips take the fun out of any trip.

John,

Thanks for looking in and I'm lookling forward to your pictures being added.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

What an amazing layout and an amazing guy. Just casually decides to add 6 turntables (?!?)...my goal for the last few weeks has been to just brace a couple walls and I haven't gotten to it yet. :o

John

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on April 25, 2015, 08:36:58 AM
What an amazing layout and an amazing guy. Just casually decides to add 6 turntables (?!?)...my goal for the last few weeks has been to just brace a couple walls and I haven't gotten to it yet. :o

John

John,

I don't know where Howard gets his energy. He is constantly changing the layout. Not the way I did it but he keeps adding track and scenery. He also scratch builds 80% of his own structures. Thanks for looking in and I'm looking forward to the SBG next Saturday.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Taking a break from my layout so I though I'd add more pictures of Howard's layout.

The ACL 2-10-2 in the next  photo now belongs to the Atlantic and Southern RR. The Judge and I purchased it from Howard when we visited prior to the Expo.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The next few pictures will give you an idea of just how big this one section of the layout is. This is probably about less than 25% of the layout.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The drug store is the old SS Ltd. store and is still available.

NOTE:  Fair warning for the name on the drug store.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

gnatshop

Howard's sense of humor fits right in with mine!!

A totally awesome layout from a lot of time, work, and dedication, not to mention
the money!!

I couldn't even afford all the lights he has - but that's the gummint's fault - they
don't factor model railroading into Social Security payments!!!

S&S RR

I started loading up my photographs from our visit to Howard Zane's layout.  Here is set one: (Many more to follow in the weeks to come)

I entend to add a few photographs to this thread each week. 

I want to thank Howard for allowing us to visit and photograph his layout.  It is amazing.  I had a great time visiting with Howard and highly recommend you add his layout to your bucket list.  As I went through the day there, I kept thinking I had found the end of the layout and then turned a corner and there was more.  I hope these photographs have something to add to the great shots that Tom has shared with us here. Tom - thanks for arranging the visit and for starting this thread.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Howard told me that the G. Wiliker's pictured above is the original prototype built by George Sellios - Howard purchased it and did some modifications to the original before adding it to his layout.  I took a number photographs that I will post at a later date.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on April 27, 2015, 07:26:14 PM
Howard's sense of humor fits right in with mine!!

A totally awesome layout from a lot of time, work, and dedication, not to mention
the money!!

I couldn't even afford all the lights he has - but that's the gummint's fault - they
don't factor model railroading into Social Security payments!!!

Yep, Gman, Howard does have that ARKIE kind of humor. Lights, heck I couldn't afford his power bill. I'd be running the trains with the lights off.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com