Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

So I used the paint technique for the shades in the windows.  They look fine until you backlight them and take a night photograph.  Looks like I will need to add paper shades.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

At the end of the day I got started on the shingles for the roof on the main building.  You will notice that I decided to add the shingles on roof cards while they were flat on my workbench. I didn't want to glue the roof cards down until I figured out what I want to do about the window shades. So I will follow the directions this time.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The last row of shingles that is headed up hill on the right side is not glued down yet.  :-[
John Siekirk

postalkarl

hey John:

Looking just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on June 21, 2021, 04:25:52 AM
hey John:

Looking just great so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the kind words and for following along. I should get some more done, today.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a few progress pictures from the Sayles Mill build.  I'm using three different shades of grey soft pastel chalks to color the walls.

The darker gray stones will lighten up when I go over the the walls with the final blending.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also got started adding the LED lighting to the Sayles mill - I added the LED's to the center floor before adding the floor for the upper level.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Then I added the floor for the upper level - I added bracing to the cardboard cards that Bob supplied for the floor.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Then the flooring, along with the LED's mounted to the card, was added to the main building.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Finally, for this update, the window castings (109 of them) are all painted with the glass added, ready to install in the structure.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Now, it's time to move on to the wood portion of the Sayles Mill.  All of the pieces accounted for. Check. While going through this process I found I have some metal window castings that I have to paint. So there are more than 109 window castings.

John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

Fantastic job on Sayles. It is quite an impressive build my friend. When lit, it will be stunning. Yes, that sure is a lot of windows.

Keep up the great work.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 21, 2021, 01:39:52 PM
John,

Fantastic job on Sayles. It is quite an impressive build my friend. When lit, it will be stunning. Yes, that sure is a lot of windows.

Keep up the great work.

Tom  ;D

Tom

Thank you for stopping by the thread and for the encouraging words. It sure feel good to be able to string a few hours together at the work bench and get something done.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

This makes me suddenly regretful of selling my Sayles Mill! Great work as usual, John.