Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FandSM Engineer

Quote from: S&S RR on October 18, 2019, 06:06:49 PM
The Phase IV expansion - Superior Yard - got a good workout from one of our younger Engineers, yesterday.  Seeing my Grandson work the trains through the different track routings made taking the summer to build it, worth the time it took. We have a couple places that need a little work to get power to the locomotives, but we didn't have any derailments. Great test. A three year old routed the trains through the yards with the touch screen control panels.  And we learned how to read the words horn, and bell, so we knew which buttons to push.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

FandSM Engineer

Quote from: madharry on October 18, 2019, 06:10:01 PM
Love it waiting for my grandson Jack to grow up to be able to control DCC..............lovely John. He is only two next month.............
Mike ;)

Mike

The Grandkids enjoying the layout is a lot of fun for me.  His sister is 1 and already likes to watch the trains. If your grandson is 2 he will be able to use "the remote" in about another year. Enjoy.

pbltrains

John,

Great to see you getting your grandson interested in the layout.  Hopefully he will continue to enjoy running grandpa's trains.

Seth P.
Minnesota

S&S RR

Quote from: pbltrains on October 19, 2019, 01:44:47 AM
John,

Great to see you getting your grandson interested in the layout.  Hopefully he will continue to enjoy running grandpa's trains.

Seth P.
Minnesota

Seth

Thank you for stopping by the thread. The kids sure enjoy the trains now - I too hope it lasts.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

John that's a fine looking engineer you have there!

Hope he keeps wanting to play with trains.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on October 19, 2019, 09:58:43 AM
John that's a fine looking engineer you have there!

Hope he keeps wanting to play with trains.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you,
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

Great picture with a "Little John" at the throttle.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 19, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
John,

Great picture with a "Little John" at the throttle.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you,  I sure enjoy running trains with him.  He sure has the interest, now. We will see when he gets older.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: I'm working on cleaning my work area, so I can start building structures again. I have some track work and wiring issues to clean up and the layout expansion will be complete. ;D I'm sure there will be a few turnouts to add and a few track moves as the new area gets a good testing. I  will spend a few months running trains and testing the new area before I paint and weather the track and add some scenery.  I have about 8 structures planned for this area.  The first will be a large brick roundhouse. Then, water towers, signal towers, a maintenance area, and a few locomotive storage sheds.

So the goal for this week is to get the lid off one of those wonderful yellow boxes. Fox Run is the next build on my list. It will share the same base board with the Foundry build I did for the winter challenge last year. First, I must find my workshop.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

We cant wait John. I'm trying to get everything I need to build the roundhouse and Engine repair shop. I'm buying all the little things I need so I'm not struggling at the last minute......Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

jerryrbeach

John,

Really looking forward to the upcoming Fox Run build.
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on October 20, 2019, 12:36:12 PM
We cant wait John. I'm trying to get everything I need to build the roundhouse and Engine repair shop. I'm buying all the little things I need so I'm not struggling at the last minute......Dennis

Dennis

I'm looking forward to your builds, too. I spent some time yesterday, getting my workshop organized. My plan is to have three builds going at the same time so I can keep moving as the glue or paint is drying. It's just the way I like to build.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on October 20, 2019, 07:59:39 PM
John,

Really looking forward to the upcoming Fox Run build.

Jerry

Thank you for stopping by the thread.  I'm going to get started as soon as the workshop is organized. I have some track work projects to fill in the time I'm waiting for the glue and paint to dry for the next few weeks.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, the covers came off  two yellow boxes the next two builds on the S&S RR. Fox Run will be the first followed by Swakhammer's Welding.  My SOP is to have three builds going at the same time but for now I will have these two plus the cleanup work on the Phase IV expansion. I also have some track changes that I want to make in the Eagles Nest Yard and in the Town of Sellios. So track work will serve as my third build for the next few weeks. I will be posting update pictures as these builds progress.

John Siekirk