Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hey John:

Oh My what can I say but just beautiful

Karl

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

PaulS

John, Fox Run and Sewell's look wonderful in their location on the layout.  Very Impressive !!

I am also most interested in how you will be using and mounting your servo motors for the turnouts.   I have been considering doing the same and would like to use the servos with a bell-crank type alignment (as opposed to 'direct' type wire as in the tortoise type alignment) as my turnouts are currently in place.    Looking forward to seeing what you do there.

Thanks and again great work in all you are doing on the S&S RR !!

--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Zephyrus52246

ACL1504

John,

The scene in the above photo is wonderful. Lots of nice structures with lots of track in the foreground. Well done my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on April 30, 2020, 02:17:03 AM
Hey John:

Oh My what can I say but just beautiful

Karl

Karl

Thank you - I can't wait to get the track all detailed and the scenery in to frame the structures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on April 30, 2020, 06:43:02 AM
What a magnificent scene.

Jan

Thank you for following along and the kind words. It will look a lot better when I get the track in foreground all detailed.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: PaulS on April 30, 2020, 07:52:36 AM
John, Fox Run and Sewell's look wonderful in their location on the layout.  Very Impressive !!

I am also most interested in how you will be using and mounting your servo motors for the turnouts.   I have been considering doing the same and would like to use the servos with a bell-crank type alignment (as opposed to 'direct' type wire as in the tortoise type alignment) as my turnouts are currently in place.    Looking forward to seeing what you do there.

Thanks and again great work in all you are doing on the S&S RR !!

--Paul

Paul
Thank you for the kind words.

I will be using the servo system that Barrett Hill sells. The configuration will be a little different on each of turnouts in this area.  I have some that will be right beside the track with the servo motor covered by a small shed, some will have long wires that attach to the servo motor at an angle underneath the layout, and some will be controlled from the side with the servo motor mounted in the facia.  Stay tuned, I will take pictures as I install them and get them running.
John Siekirk