Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

EricQuebec

Keep It Rusty

postalkarl

Hey John:

Excellent work. I agree it sure looks very real to me. Really love the barn.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: Bernd on March 06, 2021, 09:22:59 AM
WOW, John. I swear if I hadn't known from the beginning that this is a model scene I's swear it was real. Nice work.

Bernd

Bernd

Thank you for the very kind words - I'm really looking forward to photographing this scene when it is completely finished. I learn a lot from these progress photographs.  I change here and there and it does start looking real. I also plan to do some work on my lighting to better show off the features of this diorama.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on March 06, 2021, 12:40:54 PM
Just wonderful, John. A real achievement.

Craig

Thank you, I have a lot of hours in this diorama but I enjoyed every one of them. So I went underneath the layout today to look at what I have to do to get power to all those LED's in the barn. I found three bags of sculptamould and a box full of sagebrush that I forgot I had stored under there.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on March 06, 2021, 04:19:44 PM
Hey John:

Excellent work. I agree it sure looks very real to me. Really love the barn.

Karl

Karl

Thank you my friend - I hope to get all the LED's going soon.
John Siekirk

chris.mincemoyer

Been watching the farm scene progress, all I can say is amazing

S&S RR

Quote from: chris.mincemoyer on March 07, 2021, 09:55:57 AM
Been watching the farm scene progress, all I can say is amazing

Chris

Thank you for following along and the kind words.
John Siekirk

NKP768

John,
The farm gets better and better - refresh my memory - did you use the the silo included with the original kit?

Doug

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on March 08, 2021, 11:55:18 AM
John,
The farm gets better and better - refresh my memory - did you use the the silo included with the original kit?

Doug

Doug

Thank you, it's getting there.  I did use the original kit silo but added a few things of my own - the one I remember is the copper discharge tube. I saw one on a silo in Northern Michigan and thought it would be a nice Superior detail.
John Siekirk

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on March 06, 2021, 09:15:14 AM
I have been working on the scenery down the mountain side from the Beach Farms diorama and thought I would post a progress photograph. I'm about half way in stitching this one in to the layout. I have also been adding more details to the diorama, itself. I will post a series of photographs of this area when it's complete.

John,

This is a great scene, but there is one thing missing. Actually several. I am not sure that Dario included them in the kit now that he owns the casting components from Bob Van Gelder. By now you may have figured out what i think you need on the barn. PIGEONS, lots of pigeons on the barn roof. perhaps some pigeon poop as well and then you are done. A beautiful scene, my friend.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Quote from: Erieman on March 08, 2021, 06:09:18 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on March 06, 2021, 09:15:14 AM
I have been working on the scenery down the mountain side from the Beach Farms diorama and thought I would post a progress photograph. I'm about half way in stitching this one in to the layout. I have also been adding more details to the diorama, itself. I will post a series of photographs of this area when it's complete.

John,

This is a great scene, but there is one thing missing. Actually several. I am not sure that Dario included them in the kit now that he owns the casting components from Bob Van Gelder. By now you may have figured out what i think you need on the barn. PIGEONS, lots of pigeons on the barn roof. perhaps some pigeon poop as well and then you are done. A beautiful scene, my friend.

Frank / Erieman

Frank

Don't worry, I will not forget the pigeons or the pigeon s**t. I have the castings sitting on my workbench ready for the detail painting. I have got started with the birds - If you look closely you will find a chicken hawk sitting on the fence above the chicken coop. Thank you for stopping by and the kind words.
John Siekirk