Cliff Powers' Mississippi, Alabama & Gulf - The Magnolia Route

Started by ACL1504, June 02, 2014, 03:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Glad you're back in one piece after the long drive.....looking forward to the photos.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tct855

Tom,
Great update on Cliff's layout.  Can't wait to see it in its new home.  Also, glad You & Pam had a wonderful trip there.  Thanks for sharing! Thanx Thom...

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 17, 2018, 12:52:30 PM
Glad you're back in one piece after the long drive.....looking forward to the photos.  :)

Greg,

Yep, very long trip but well worth it. Cliff's layout is fantastic. I'm guessing the Cumberland & Ohio Valley will be even better.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on June 17, 2018, 12:57:38 PM
Tom,
Great update on Cliff's layout.  Can't wait to see it in its new home.  Also, glad You & Pam had a wonderful trip there.  Thanks for sharing! Thanx Thom...

Thom,

Thank you and glad you stopped by for a look. We had a great trip but very happy to be home. Now I can get back to my layout. ;D ;D

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I neglected to mention ACL mountain #1401 took on water after some interchange work for the Magnolia Route.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

I'm glad you made it home from a successful road trip.  We are looking forward to the pictures.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

maandg

Hey Tom! I thoroughly enjoyed your visit Saturday. Thanks so much to you and Pam for making the very long drive to share the final days of the MA&G with me. Even though the new layout will be a complete departure from the current one, I hope you will see fit to make a return trip at some time in the future. I'd love to come se your beautiful layout next time we make our annual trip to Orlando. Thanks again!!

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 17, 2018, 08:43:39 PM
Tom

I'm glad you made it home from a successful road trip.  We are looking forward to the pictures.

John,

Thanks, Pam and I were exhausted when we got home. However, the trip was worth is ten time over.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: maandg on June 18, 2018, 03:00:31 PM
Hey Tom! I thoroughly enjoyed your visit Saturday. Thanks so much to you and Pam for making the very long drive to share the final days of the MA&G with me. Even though the new layout will be a complete departure from the current one, I hope you will see fit to make a return trip at some time in the future. I'd love to come se your beautiful layout next time we make our annual trip to Orlando. Thanks again!!

Cliff,

Pam and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit as well. It great meeting the other guys and your lovely wife as well. We had a great time talking with Mark and seeing his excitement of being the new owner of the Magnolia Route.

As I said, after our first visit to the Magnolia Route, I came home and began removal of the old layout. The MA&G was such an inspiration to me. I'm very pleased with what I've done with the new look of the A&S RR. You can almost smell the pine trees.

When you make the call, we will be there. The new layout is going to be spectacular.

Yes, please plan on a visit A&S RR when you and the family return to the area.

Again, thank you Cliff for the invitation to attend the final open house, we really had a great time. The long drive was worth every minute.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I mentioned on this visit my pictures were focused on areas I was particularly interested in. One such area was the MA&G Coach Yard and supporting structures. I was so impressed with his detail of this area I decided to copy all I can for the A&S RR.

I'll start ya'll out with these five. I think I have about 35+ of this area.

The Coach Yard is located to the side and rear of the MA&G Ice Plant.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Wow Tom - Great prototype photographs. Looking forward to the pictures of the model.

Just fantastic!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad