Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

John,

Okay, I'll get to it this coming week. As I said it will be fun. And, John, don't forget to bring the piece of track!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on September 19, 2014, 06:57:23 PM
Hopefully there will be no smoke and fire connected to this project.

Bill

Ya'll hear how this probationary member of the SBG is being a smart mouth with the EL Presidente? Cut him a little slack, he is a Pennsy fan after all.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 19, 2014, 09:03:58 PM

Bill

Darn good thing for John that the ovalix is standard gauge.   ;)

You know Bobby, that really hurt! I'm so hurt I'm only going to let you build the rest of my FSM kits. The good news is that I only have 22 unbuilt ones left.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 20, 2014, 08:49:18 AM
Quote from: ReadingBob on September 19, 2014, 09:03:58 PM

Bill

Darn good thing for John that the ovalix is standard gauge.   ;)

You know Bobby, that really hurt! I'm so hurt I'm only going to let you build the rest of my FSM kits. The good news is that I only have 22 unbuilt ones left.

Tom ;D

Oh my!  What a horrible punishment.   :o  I guess I'd better start serving my sentence soon.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 20, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

Bill

Ya'll hear how this probationary member of the SBG is being a smart mouth with the EL Presidente? Cut him a little slack, he is a Pennsy fan after all.

Tom ;D

Hey, isn't the new guy always fair game?  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

gnatshop

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 20, 2014, 08:41:50 AM
John,
Okay, I'll get to it this coming week. As I said it will be fun. And, John, don't forget to bring the piece of track!
Tom ;D   
John, forget?
That would be like forgetting to put the goodies in a Blizzard!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

gnatshop

Quote from: GPdemayo on September 21, 2014, 05:46:18 PM
This new guy is quickly gaining points toward becoming a member of 'The Ledbetter
Tacky-Ass Club'!!
  Darnell Ledbetter
    President and Chief Tacky-Ass!

gnatshop

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 21, 2014, 11:57:49 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on September 20, 2014, 08:49:18 AM
You know Bobby, that really hurt! I'm so hurt I'm only going to let you build the rest of my FSM kits. The good news is that I only have 22 unbuilt ones left.  Tom ;D   
Oh my!  What a horrible punishment.   :o  I guess I'd better start serving my sentence soon.   ;D
Condolences and 'You freakin' lucky devil!' from Arkansas (home of the Ledbetters - lucky that they didn't
steal 'em first!).

PennsyJ1

Quote from: gnatshop on September 21, 2014, 08:32:12 PM
This new guy is quickly gaining points toward becoming a member of 'The Ledbetter
Tacky-Ass Club'!!
  Darnell Ledbetter

I will keep trying to become worthy of becoming a member of both. Thank you Gman ;D ;D.  Greg tries to make it harder to break into the SBG. Time will tell ;D ;D ;D
Bill
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

GPdemayo

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on September 22, 2014, 06:06:04 AM
Quote from: gnatshop on September 21, 2014, 08:32:12 PM
Tacky-Ass Club'!!
  Darnell Ledbetter

I will keep trying to become worthy of becoming a member of both. Thank you Gman ;D ;D .  Greg tries to make it harder to break into the SBG. Time will tell ;D ;D ;D
Bill

Who me?  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Time to wake up this dormant thread...
1- ACL Tom returned my beloved little Blackstone C-19 and caboose from his shops complete with beautiful new paint, weathering  and C&DR decals direct from Dave Frary. I love that there's something of a direct connection between my little layout and the one that inspired it beginning in 1977.
2- I made some progress on the Foscale Distillery background flat kit. It has a long way to go, but I plan to feature it high on a hill overlooking the harbor. I want to support it primarily with stone walls and create a large deck overhanging the hillside.
3- Our old buddy, David Fugere (Cuzzin Dave) checked in with a photo of one of the Pulpwood cars he's built for me. Fantastic!

It's been a good week for my backwoods short line in the woods. Thanks to my talented and generous friends!

John

gnatshop

Quote from: Cuse on November 14, 2014, 08:47:05 PM
Time to wake up this dormant thread...
2. I made some progress on the Foscale Distillery background flat kit. It has a long way to go, but I plan to feature it high on a hill overlooking the harbor. I want to support it primarily with stone walls and create a large deck overhanging the hillside.
Dr. Ben's Baby Building Blocks are great for creating stone walls!
http://www.debenllc.com/Baby-Building-Blocs-Split-Granite-Assorted-Colors-Doctor-Bens_p_168.html
He also has bigger packages and different colors - just search his website.

Janbouli

Looking good John, thanks for the link Gnat
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on November 15, 2014, 03:43:48 AM
Looking good John, thanks for the link Gnat

John,

Wow, the layout is looking good. The pulpwood car looks fantastic. It's getting close to a Northern Butty Group meet.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

John,
Great to see the shot of the engine against some scenery, has to be great to see it moving thru the layout.  David certainly did an outstanding job on that pulpwood car, the rack adds so much interest to a common flat.
Jerry