Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

The layout is looking great!!
Tom Wilson

cuse

BUMP!

An old friend brought up our old modeling hobby (6th grade?), so I directed him here to let him fully appreciate the sickness.

this will help him find it...John

UP Fan

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 14, 2014, 01:25:27 PM
John,

Jordan vehicles are easy, but they are time consuming. I started these when I was 48, I'm now 68! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom 8)

Well, you had to let the paint dry completely.   ;D   Beautiful layout

cuse

It's not exactly progress, but I did make some acquisitions recently (in lieu of labor  ;) ).

I purchased, a while back, 15 or 16 Sterling Models handmade foreground trees - these things are amazing and a beautiful complement to my leafless Supertree forests. For now, they're just stuck in the foam "nursery" area to be positioned later as the scenery comes together.

Today, I placed an order for the new Bar Mills Cundy Harbor kit. I new I couldn't resist this one - Bar Mills + waterfront + missing the Expo...I also ordered the Hat Company structure from the Cundy Village set. I have to think that these acquisitions signals the end of the N scale "forced perspective" end of my layout when the time comes. It could honestly be years before I get to it, but I imagine I'll carve it out as a display module to give my little backwoods road another waterfront destination. If I find an alternative to that plan, I'll happily embrace it - but real estate is scarce.

John

GPdemayo

Quote from: Cuse on April 05, 2015, 10:10:07 AM
.....If I find an alternative to that plan, I'll happily embrace it - but real estate is scarce.....

John

Scarce real estate.....not a problem John. All we have to do is blow out that exterior wall, get a variance for the set back and add on until the neighbors scream.....UNCLE!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

Great idea and I'm sure the variance will be no problem. He can also close in part of the garage. I think the train room shares a wall in the garage.

Anything I can do to help.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

gnatshop

John, ain't it great to have such good butties (or is that butt-ins) to offer such wonderful
house re-buildin' suggestions?  ??? ???

I'm sure that bof'em have got their hammers in hand to help out!!  Or is that Buttie cushions
for their supervisin'??  :-\ :-\ :-\

cuse

They are very helpful...they have not met my wife! >:(

John

GPdemayo

Quote from: Cuse on April 05, 2015, 06:36:03 PM
They are very helpful...they have not met my wife! >:(

John
Uh.....Oh..... :-X
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

cuse

I actually did some work...I built the Bar Mills Hank's Fuel today. I plan to place it as a water source for thirsty little Blackstone engines. Upon examining the photos, 2 things pop out. (1) a slightly more substantial base would elevate the spout just a little more while keeping it "charming", and (2) I never did hit that thing with any dry brushing - it disappears next to the engine. It actually has some nice cast in detail.

As soon as C&DR #102 finishes her drink, I'll get out the dry brush.

Feels good to touch the layout - it's been a while...John

GPdemayo

Looks good John....can't wait to see it in person.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Looks real good John!  Compliments that beautiful little engine quite nicely.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

John,

Very nice job on the water tank.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Got some work in yesterday and today. I did some goop and ground cover in the yard area as well as some ballasting. I figured there'd be glue flying everywhere anyway, so.... I still have to soak it all with glue and I'll add static grass to much of the natural areas as well. I've got lots of nice Sterling Models and SuperTrees to fill in and divide up the scene. I also plan to add some fences and detail for the rest of my life.

John

ACL1504

John,

That is really a great looking scene. I love the Fall theme.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com