Previous topic - Next topic

TomW

The scene is looking really good.
Tom W

Janbouli

Looks so realistic John , well done.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

On man!  That scenery makes all the difference in the world.  Well done!  That's turning into a signature scene for sure.  The only thing missing is that beautifully weathered little Blackstone loco.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

cuse

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the interest. I still haven't gotten to the gluing and static grass step. I better hope a strong wind doesn't blow through here  :'(

I hope to get to that tonight. Followed closely by TREEEEEES. Then, I believe, it will be a lot less toylike and the flatness and orderliness will be obliterated. The idea (for me) is to make it look like the RR is carved out of nature as opposed to nature being planted around the track plan. I'm rooting for nature in this eternal battle. (I just like that look) ;)

Hope to have more to share soon...John

cuse

Got a bit more done today. Static grass over other texture and a handful of trees planted. I still plan to fill in quite a bit with more leafless Supertrees. It seems a shame to "hide" Reading Bob's beautiful engine house...but that's what Mother Nature would do...

John

bparrish

John...

Very cool scene.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

LongHornCaddy

ACL1504

John,

Those evergreen trees change the entire look for the better. Well done, well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

donatode

Love it John.  The scene evokes a feeling of "comfortable" ....  :)

Janbouli

Amazing scenery John, love it.
I love photo's, don't we all.

coors2u

I love the shot looking down the river! Perfect placement.
Dustin

gnatshop

Guess I'm gonna have to say somethin' nice for a change!!
It's lookin' great!  As much as I love the old dead trees, I'm glad that the Floridy cooties didn't kill
all the trees!!!

ReadingBob

Quote from: coors2u on June 13, 2015, 08:39:18 PM
I love the shot looking down the river! Perfect placement.

Ditto that.  If there was a backdrop on that wall I'd swear that was a real scene and not a model.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.