Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnatshop

Quote from: Cuse on July 13, 2015, 05:41:19 PM
Wow…I'm speechless. Thanks for all of your feedback and encouragement.
John 
Cuse, be careful buyin' a new hat - it might not fit your head!!
(Said in the spirit of a wish-to-be SBG member!)

cuse

Usually you say "That pic looks like the real thing".

Here's one from the WW&F Ry. Museum in Maine. "That looks kind of like a real train...oh wait, it is!"

THIS is what I want to do on my layout

John

deemery

It's a reflection on the quality of railroad modeling and photography that some of us looked at that and said, "That model looks like the real thing."

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

cuse

Here's a gift from ACL Tom...new water tank for the railroad's home base at Pritchard's Junction. Thanks again Tom!

John

Raymo

Looks like it been there since day one!

John B

Great layout!  Has your original track plan changed much since your original drawing?

cuse

John,
Really hasn't except for a little bit of trackage (programming track) in front of the little FSM depot. You can see the bird's eye view of that halfway down on Pg. 10 of this thread. There's very little track overall...1 passing siding, 7 turnouts overall. Eventually, when/if I replace the N scale branch with Cundy's Harbor, I'll have to cut in another turnout to reach that destination.

I just like to build scenery and run trains around and around.

Thanks for looking in (Raymo too)...John

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on July 29, 2015, 07:54:37 PM
Here's a gift from ACL Tom...new water tank for the railroad's home base at Pritchard's Junction. Thanks again Tom!

John

John,

The water tower looks right at home. Like Raymo says, it looks like it has always been there. Certainly looks better in your layout era.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Hosted our local group on Sunday and had a nice time along with a good meal. Some people bring wine when they visit friends, Reading Bob brings beautifully built craftsman kits! :) Does everybody else here have a friend who shows up with a just completed Fos kit complete with a complex layout of LED lighting to see if anyone can use it?

He brought the Fatty Lou's hot dog stand in the photos. I have been working on my Bar Mills Barn and messing with the positioning of buildings on a little wharf I've been working on. Also shown is a Bar Mills Hank's Fuel that I built a few months ago. The Barn is a nice kit that I've wanted for a long time. I've still got a lot of work before it'll be done, but it's at the point I can use it to visualize scenes. I envision the barn as a small waterfront seafood business...notice the cool little oyster boat that Dave Fugere scratch built. I've got a little Seaport Modelworks crane (N scale) that I plan to build and place in the work area of the boat.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Cuse on August 03, 2015, 08:08:36 PM
Hosted our local group on Sunday and had a nice time along with a good meal. Some people bring wine when they visit friends, Reading Bob brings beautifully built craftsman kits! :) Does everybody else here have a friend who shows up with a just completed Fos kit complete with a complex layout of LED lighting to see if anyone can use it?

Hey, if you'd prefer I can bring wine instead of structures.  That's no problem.   ;)

The layout is looking very sharp.  There are several view points of the middle section that are simply awesome. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

What Bob said.....you're doing some great work John.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PennsyJ1

Thanks for having us over John. The updates you made have really made a difference from the last time we were there. Kris picked up a few ideas again that we may try in incorporate on our lay out. I think they call it plagiarism. ;D ;D I wonder what they call it in Gman's world.

Bill & Kris
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

gnatshop

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on August 04, 2015, 07:46:16 PM
Thanks for having us over John. The updates you made have really made a difference from the last time we were there. Kris picked up a few ideas again that we may try in incorporate on our lay out. I think they call it plagiarism. ;D ;D I wonder what they call it in Gman's world.     Bill & Kris
It's called 'fair pickin's'!!!

cuse

The Friday afternoon checkers game always starts out friendly...

cuse

This big girl was special ordered from Colorado. The grades in Maine don't impress her, but the tight curves are new. Also, there's a little bridge that's just not going to work out.