Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmillho

Looks good John.  Waiting for the walkways.

Jim

donatode

Quote from: jimmillho on June 18, 2016, 02:16:05 PM
Looks good John.  Waiting for the walkways.

Jim

Agree John.....but can you slow down a bit till my new walking shoes arrive from L.L. Bean????

cuse

Did some productive carpentry on the little "Railton's Cove" area on my layout. It's still rough as I plan to add a tideline, more railings and walkways, some seaweed and litter, not to mention the scenery behind and in front of the rip rap banks and the structures above. I'm pretty pleased so far although it's kind of a challenge to photograph it effectively. Looks better in person...in my humble opinion.

John

cuse

Hmmmmm....sideways photos. Can't say I've seen that before...weren't sideways when I attached them. :o  Fixed it, but not sure what happened.

John

PaulS

Looks very nice John, and has the feel already of DownEast Maine ...   Can I ask what you used for the rip rap banks ??

Thanks much,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

cuse

Thanks Paul...It's just Woodland Scenics "Talus" a mix of their Coarse and Medium. Doug Foscale does a really nice tutorial on his Waterfront Scenery video. The next stages include painting a consistent muck line and then using powders just above to create a seaweed/algae effect as well. The DVD is excellent and shows real-life examples to help with the perspective. It's pretty monotonous work (especially when combined with the plank by plank walkways above, but I'm excited what it should look like once I "dull it down and mess it up" a bit. Thanks for looking in.

John

ACL1504

Butty John,

Very nicely done. The tide line and waves will really bring it to life. Excellent job.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PaulS

Thanks for the info John, I will have to check out that video at some point ...   Looking forward to see your progress as this area develops ..

Thanks again,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Janbouli

Great scenes John, you're doing fine even in the wrong scale  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi John:

Looks great. I really like the lighthouse.

Karl

ReadingBob

Hi John,

It looks wonderful so far.  The additional detailing you're talking about adding is really going to make it come alive.  I can't wait to see it in person.   8) 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jimmillho

Twist67

Hi,

looking very nice. Great work.

Regards,Chris

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Maine definitely inspired me. Who can guess what's next? ::)