Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmillho

ReadingBob

Quote from: Cuse on September 11, 2016, 06:48:30 PM
Maine definitely inspired me. Who can guess what's next? ::)

Uhhhhh......   no.  But it'll probably be something major.   :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 12, 2016, 07:32:48 AM
Quote from: Cuse on September 11, 2016, 06:48:30 PM
Maine definitely inspired me. Who can guess what's next? ::)

Uhhhhh......   no.  But it'll probably be something major.   :o

This is going to be interesting!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

We have a winner...kind of...switching back to HOn30. Dave Frary's endorsement of the running quality of the little minitrains sets pushed me back where I wanted to be. Visiting the WW&F 1:1 scale display helped too. Track is ordered, engines here.

BTW, anyone in the market for a perfectly good Digitrax system?

-DB150 base unit plus two wireless handheld throttles (a DTR400R and a UT40)

i'm going old school

John

cuse

Peco HOn30 track is painted, dry brushed, spiked down and wired up. Trains are again running.

John

ACL1504

John,

Great news in trains running. The track looks good.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Did some landscaping in the corner in front of the Hotel. I still plan to add a layer of static grass and a bunch of details, vehicles, etc. I think I'll add a little more visible support for the little concession stand that looks a little precarious despite the boulder it rests upon and the single piling lost in the shadows. I've also got metal railing to match the curve of the lighthouse "pedestal". I'll try to remember to hold the camera a little more level - sorry for any seasickness.

I came real close to cracking open Fos' Printers Row, but decided to landscape instead. Soon...all of these build threads have me inspired.

My next burst of landscaping may come as soon as tomorrow. We'll see what the family comes up with for me in the meantime.  :)

John

ACL1504

John,

The new scenery looks fantastic. Scenery really gives us a sense of something actually being accomplished.

Looking good.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

looking good John, were you on a boat while taking the photo's  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

John

Your making great progress it looks fantastic. Also, good to here that trains are again running. 
John Siekirk

cuse

Got some more scenery down. Ballast and glue is still wet so some color may lighten up a bit. I also got my walk around throttle from GML installed. Still need to get the tideline consistent, add some seaweed in the rocks, railings, etc, etc...but the ground cover on this module is essentially done. Always room for details, but it's nice to step back and see.

John

cuse

a few more...

ACL1504

John,

The new scenery looks really good. I love how to tied the landscape to the inlets area.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

John Siekirk