Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John

Your working to hard - it's been a couple months since we have seen an update. Just sayin.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Glad to see you back at it John.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

I don't know what you guys are talking about. But thanks for the interest  ;)

Progress coming soon...from Reading Bob's workbench.

John

cuse

Bad news...perhaps as soon as this weekend, I will begin dismantling the layout. We are downsizing our primary home and renovating our coastal home. All within the same couple of months.

Good news...It was built to be dismantled and relocated to a bigger, better spot.

I'm hoping to start early and really pack everything with great care. That's why I want to get started well in advance of the pre-move/last minute mayhem. I also expect to make some decisions about what I need to keep or not. Anyone need a Digitrax system with a couple of wireless throttles?

John

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Moving again John.....I was just getting used to finding the new place.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 18, 2017, 02:19:43 PM
Moving again John.....I was just getting used to finding the new place.  ;D

John,

I think you've now out done me on the do's and redo's!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

donatode

Good luck on the move, hope all goes smoothly.

cuse

Alright, back in action...I took possession of my new layout room and spent a little time figuring out how I wanted to go with the trains. I very much love the shadowbox modules I've begun for the controlled lighting and viewing and the "finite" sense of the project...In other words, detailing and completing the smaller area is a lot less daunting than staring at a whole undone layout with so many other time pressures in my happy life.

I built a simple 4x12 foot L-girder platform that I will build upon, incorporating the two existing "boxes" which were built for this move. However, I'm not moving again for the foreseeable future as this is our completely renovated, built to order, waterfront dream home that we plan to someday retire to. I will build the layout upon this framework with similar shadowbox features without necessarily going module by module. Many happy years of modeling ahead...

ReadingBob

Glad to see you back at it John!  I have the rest of Cundy Harbor in my garage whenever you're ready for them.  No rush though.  I know you have lot's of things going on.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Janbouli

Good to see you back in the train room John, I do believe that room would fit perfectly for Normal Scale though  ;) ;) ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

John,

Welcome back to the fold.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

John

Welcome back!  It's great to see you getting started in your new train room.  I will be following along to see where it takes you.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

jrmueller

Hi John Welcome back to the living.  A question for you.  I am thinking about scratch building the siding in Pelham where your family had its operations.  Do you recall the types of building?  I seem to remember some open sheds.  I'm also going to try looking up the  rail/real estate maps for info.  Thanks Jim and have a great summer
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

engine909

Welcome back John. Blistering weather in Florida already.
Ed from Lithia, Fl.