Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Looks great John.  Great progress, and I really am liking the cordless shade idea.  I may have to give that a try.  Did you pick them up a the local Big Box store?
Mark

cuse

thanks...I ordered them online. We did them all over our home and I found them to be a little less expensive online...plus, Box stores only had a couple of colors. Endless options online. I'm really happy with them (in the windows too). No cords, they hold their position, etc.

John

cuse

Actually got some quality work in this weekend. Not picture-worthy but maybe "bump-worthy" ;D

I finished the lower fascia cutting and securing...and all the dusty loud "layout-tuning" that goes with it. One large step closer to doing some scenery work! I've really got to get with the backdrop guy before I go much further

John

cuse

Little bit of terrain shaping and a whole lot of thinking today...Don't want to get too far ahead of the backdrop guy!

John

fsmcollector67

John,
Looking good, that one outside spur is going to be a hell of a surprise for some engineer...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

S&S RR

John

Great to see you back at the modeling.  All that thinking and planning is going to pay off in the end product.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Loren, you're right. Not sure what I'm going to do with that...I just wanted some sort of foreground trestle for scenic value. Maybe just a stubbed out deck next to a small structure. That steep downgrade will mostly be covered with downed lumber, stumps, trees, maybe some trash, etc...still thinking. ::)

John

ACL1504

John,

Looking good. I like the idea of the foreground track for some negative scenery options. It will look great.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Over at the layout house with the new addition to the job list (Thanks Vilius-it's beautiful!). Just taking a few minutes to mockup and visualize placement...Man, I need to spend a couple days land-forming without interruption   ::)

postalkarl

Hey Cuse:

That really looks great. Lot of great structures. I really like it.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

fsmcollector67

Looking real good john...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

jrmueller

Hi John. Layout is coming along great. You can't have enough buildings.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

cuse

Thanks guys...I was thinking I'd just plop that structure in facing the aisle but, now that I've got it, I'm pondering the more dramatic placement shown. I envision an elevated support of concrete pads and rocks, lifting it above the adjacent water (heavily influenced by Doug Foscale's display. The rear loading dock would drop down to water level after I cut away some existing land and sit nicely at the loading doors. It will require some time and planning but should result in a pretty dramatic, unsymmetrical placement and beautifully "mess up" the parallel lines of my existing shore....Execution Rocks was always my favorite kit and Vilius' build didn't disappoint!

cuse

Doing a little more cutting and fitting and mocking...I built that elevation for the brewery but now I'm not sure I like it. The wall is way too uniform and the elevation looks a little too perfect - like a wedding cake :o ...definitely not too late to alter