Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

What a great looking steam engine John.  8)

When do you want the SBG over to inspect the new track and give the engine a spin? How about tomorrow?  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

John,
Be careful.
Be VERY careful.
Next thing you know, there'll be steep mountain walls growing up your walls and spidery trestles with funny little cars logoed D&RGW infesting your layout. Narrow gauge locos have a way of doing that to modelers.
Just discovered this thread and it makes me wonder. Why do Floridians model New England narrow gauge and New Englanders model Colorado narrow gauge? Can't we just compromise and model around Cass, WV?  :-\ :-\ ;D
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ReadingBob

That C-19 is sweet!   :D  Can't wait to see it in action.   8)  Congrat's on the acquisition.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on July 12, 2014, 07:56:22 PM
That C-19 is sweet!   :D  Can't wait to see it in action.   8)  Congrat's on the acquisition.

John,

I agree, it sure looks good on the layout!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

One step backward, two steps forward...
I had to demo the curve at one end of the layout in order to expand the area for a larger radius curve and some bonus scenery space. I'm trying to do it in what we in the medical industry call "minimally invasive surgery"...so far so good.

ACL1504

John,

It's going to look great when you get the track in and the nice loco running. I definitely like the change.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

BandOGuy

Quote from: Cuse on July 18, 2014, 07:37:40 PM
One step backward, two steps forward...
I had to demo the curve at one end of the layout in order to expand the area for a larger radius curve and some bonus scenery space. I'm trying to do it in what we in the medical industry call "minimally invasive surgery"...so far so good.

Candy hasn't chimed in yet, so.......
"Demo". In car talk, that's a demonstrator. Does your film show something didn't work?
Or, demo. I ripped the bejesus out of it and this is what's left?
'Gnat and other intellectuals want to know.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

gnatshop

The Ledbetters define "minimally invasive surgery" as permission to go ahead and rip your *ss off!
If you need a bigger, rounded corner, they have some donors available, but I figure that you have
plenty available there in Floridy!!!

cuse

If in doubt, add more waterfront trestles!! ;)

This minor addition gives me another area to scenic and display structures as well as a larger curve radius to make sure my switch to HOn3 goes smoothly. I figured another significant length of trestle would break up the "loop" that we all hate to see.

John

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on July 22, 2014, 05:35:47 PM
If in doubt, add more waterfront trestles!! ;)

This minor addition gives me another area to scenic and display structures as well as a larger curve radius to make sure my switch to HOn3 goes smoothly. I figured another significant length of trestle would break up the "loop" that we all hate to see.

John

John,

Wow, that is and is going to be a great scene. The loco is a wonderful addition!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

gnatshop

The local kids will love another trestle!

cuse

It's okay for my family to come back from AZ now - I am finished laying all of the track. I am now officially HOn3 throughout. There is one small stretch of abandoned HOn30 remaining as I needed to display my prized Carrabasset & Dead River boxcar that David Fugere built for me. I'll just bury it in weeds, etc.

The track has been sprayed with reddish primer and I painted the rail sides with a rail brown paint marker. I will eventually drybrush the ties to bring out the molded grain and, depending on the outcome, tone it down with some A&I. This is right out of Lou Sassi's recent article in MR.

I have one set of feeders powering the whole layout and the layout is operating beautifully. The Blackstone engine is chuffing around, bell ringing, and crawling around and around with a heavy 5 car train. I will drop another half dozen pairs of feeders for good luck and get back to scenery soon.

This was a good move (to HOn3), but I'm still modeling New England...John

coors2u

John, everything looks great. We need to see more pics of that C-19 running around.
Dustin

ACL1504

John,

It is looking mighty fine, mighty fine. Can't wait to get my hands on the loco! Isn't it amazing what a guy can get done when the family is away?

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Looks great John.....can't wait to see it up close.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL