Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Cuse:

Just beautiful so far.

Karl

cuse

Jim, Jan, Bob, and Karl...thanks so much for your comments.

Jerry

John wonderful modeling!  Great scene!
One of my favorite RR to follow.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GaryMc

Very nice, I swear I can smell sawdust.....
Regards,

Gary

cuse

Thanks Gary & Jerry.

Today I'm working from home and will have some free time. My MR goal for the day is to (at least) decide what my next project will be. Among the contenders...
-build the one large remaining kit I have real estate set aside for...Bar Mills' Dovertown Wharf (FSM tribute)...probably more ambitious than I'm feeling right now
-patch, sand, and paint the fascia
-detail, seal, and pour the river...I've been vacillating on this one. Mod Podge is quick and neat, but Envirotex over a more "3D" bottom would really be superior...I'm a little concerned about possible leaks (!)
-unlimited rolling stock options including powering and detailing a railcar, swapping in Kadees, building some of the Sierra West Work train units, just weathering anything that rolls
-building a Bar Mills horse drawn carriage or any of several vehicle kits

...I've got many others (as we all do)...a layout is a lifetime of revisions & improvements-if we're lucky

John

cuse

Man, it's good to be back to the place where I initially met most of my existing MR friends initially, heard about and attended the best conventions and, basically, took my modeling to another level

good to be here-thanks to those who made it possible.

Two years, a new home, and a whole new layout that's just getting going.

Talk to you all soon.

GPdemayo

Great to see you here again John..... :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

John,

Great to see all the SBGs here as well.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Quote...and a whole new layout that's just getting going...

Exciting, John!

Looking forward to you catching us up.

Cheers, Mark.

cuse

So...I'm trying to stoke the creative fires again (Happy New Year)...I did some thinking and just screwed a few vertical 1x2's to help give a sense of the verticality I hope for. I'm planning on using the Bragdon rock making system extensively and these posts and some additional formers, when the time comes, will support the initial foam/mesh landscape base that the castings and other scenery will be attached to.

The pictures are from 3 of the corners, just to give some context of the layout and the dramatic scenery I'm shooting for.

cuse

Oh yeah...I know we all love pics

S&S RR

John

Great to see you back at it.  I will be watching with great interest.  And yes, we love pictures.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

:) Nice pictures John!  

We need to get together one of these days so you can tell me about your adventures at the Narrow Gauge Convention.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

John,

Happy to see your creative juices flowing again. Now that you are close we all need to get together and hear of your adventure.

The new layout is looking very interesting.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Looks great John, glad to see you making progress.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL