Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 13, 2021, 10:38:57 AM
Glad to see you back John.....I think I'm in need of a little inspiration and a big kick in the pants also.  ;)

Thank you, same here...it's funny, on the ZOOM call, I went on to explain that I planned to paint the fascia black and I had a handful of structures to build and then realized I was "overstaying my welcome" on the trains. But it was nice that a couple people asked great questions about whether there was a geographic area being modeled, etc...good visit by "civilians"  ;D

Hope to see you and other SBG's soon.

John

ReadingBob

Good to see you posting again John!  I was wondering what you've been up to.   ???

Greg - once I get vaccinated and can visit Tom's again I'd be happy to give you a kick in the pants.  I'm sure Tom would too.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 13, 2021, 11:04:43 AM

Greg - once I get vaccinated and can visit Tom's again I'd be happy to give you a kick in the pants.  I'm sure Tom would too.   ;)

Heck, I'd do it for free. Shot or no shot. 8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

John,

Hard for me to believe, but as passionate as you were, that you stayed away so long.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Thanks guys.....I feel so warm and fuzzy.....isn't it wonderful to have such a plethora of friends. ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Thanks guys. I'm vaccinated now...when's the next meet? I don't want to miss Greg's butt-kicking.

John

cuse

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 13, 2021, 11:32:02 AM
John,

Hard for me to believe, but as passionate as you were, that you stayed away so long.

Tom  ;D

Yeah...that's kind of me...all in or all out (at times)...I've also made vows to not beat myself up over stuff like this. I've got other stuff on my plate that can't be put aside, so...All good.

John

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

John

It's good to see you back. I'm in the process of getting my shots.  One more to go. Are you planning on the Narrow Gauge Convention this year?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Quote from: S&S RR on March 13, 2021, 09:48:57 PM
John

It's good to see you back. I'm in the process of getting my shots.  One more to go. Are you planning on the Narrow Gauge Convention this year?

I was going to message you about that...I think I'd really like to make that happen!

postalkarl

Hey Cuse:

Like I said it sure looks just great on the layout. Keep up the good work.

Karl

cuse

Thank you Karl...I hope to get something going here soon. I've got some kits on deck...
-FOS Pendleton Marine
-Bar Mills Doverton Wharf (FSM tribute) w/o the wharf
-Sierra West Woodcutter's Shack

All 3 have designated spots on the layout and not room for much else structure-wise. Obviously, endless opportunities for detailing, rolling stock, and scenery. I've got a nice river scene that needs doing. Still haven't patched and painted the fascia (that could jump the line considering it's potential impact to ease ratio)...I'm pretty good at making to-do lists, it's the next part that I get stuck on.

John

postalkarl

Hey John:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

cuse

Nice rainy hobby weekend...second in a row. I'm actually making some progress on Pendleton's Marine. Long way to go but it's been a while since I've built a kit, so I feel like I'm re-learning each step. Another great Foscale design, IMO. I got a bit careless with the big "painted on" sign but I think I recovered with my usual heavy handed weathering style. This time I was using a sponge rather than my usual go-to of drybrushing. The tear at the bottom will be hidden by a loading dock and typical clutter castings. I really like the sliding door and the other metal door on this wall. The kit is (unofficially) a background flat. Several of Doug's kits are quite linear but aren't technically "flats"...This will definitely not be viewable from the rear, so I'm going extra lazy on that wall.

John

cuse

Did I suddenly forget how to upload pics or is something fishy here?