The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 16, 2014, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: gnatshop on July 16, 2014, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on July 16, 2014, 09:00:46 AM
I have plenty of faith, I know you will find Bob's T1, I'm just confused..... 
I ain't confuzzed, but gettin' a little dizzier with every piture!!  ;D ;D ;D

Gman,

Just remember, "The train goes round and round and it comes out here"! This should help a little.

Tom ;D

Or it comes out over there!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on July 16, 2014, 10:15:42 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on July 16, 2014, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: gnatshop on July 16, 2014, 06:24:40 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on July 16, 2014, 09:00:46 AM
I have plenty of faith, I know you will find Bob's T1, I'm just confused..... 
I ain't confuzzed, but gettin' a little dizzier with every piture!!  ;D ;D ;D

Gman,

Just remember, "The train goes round and round and it comes out here"! This should help a little.

Tom ;D

Or it comes out over there!

John and Gman,

Actually, here, there, over there, in here, under there, behind there, in front of here and everywhere else!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The photo above shows you where I left off on the ovalix! I've done a little more since then, not much but a little.

I cut more of the ovalix track bases and continued working towards the top!

I'm now on level 6-7. The track is on level six and the base is being attached so the track can be added to level seven. The photo below shows you how it looks as of noon today, Sunday, July  20th.

Continued in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I got tired of running the freight so I decided to let a couple of ACL E units do some of the work. Here are ACL E7's #548 and 547 coming off level two to take the run round track to enter the ovalix and continue to the top. I'm not sure the passengers know exactly what is gong on! A Ledbetter cousin of Gman's stated he isn't fooled. The ACL is just "Running us a round in a circle"! It figures, the guy doesn't even know the difference between and ovalix or a circle!

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The ACL passenger train made it to the top without incident!

The quick Grip in the above photo is the end of level 7 and the begining of level 8. When the glue on the white 3" supports dry, I'll add the track and move on to level 8!

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Tom.......

So how many trips around the planet are you going? ?? ?

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

For a change of pace and a different look at the ovalix I'll let ya'll see what it looks like from the inside. You can see the seven levels in the next photo.

I'd also like to mention that I had forum member PennsyJ1, Bill Cutler, over Thursday morning and he was kind enough to help me unpack a few of the boxes I have stacked around the walls. The above photo shows you some of the Atlantic and Southern passenger equipment he unpacked for me. I think I'm a box short but it will turn up sometime or somewhere.

The next photo shows you what I see inside the ovalix. You can see my little chair! After all, I can't stand in the ovalix all day without taking a break! LOL!

The next two photos will give you a worms eye view from inside the ovalix. The area inside the ovalix is approximately 6' X 8'.

My next update will be Thursday or Friday! Thanks for following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: bparrish on July 20, 2014, 03:12:25 PM
Tom.......

see ya
Bob

Bob,
I'll be making at least 10 total as long as I stay away from the moon! It will take 7 loops from the second level to the third. This will give me 20" between the two levels.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Good to see a fire extinguisher nearby.   ;D   Good grief, how many passenger trains do you plan to run at once? 

Jeff

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 20, 2014, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: bparrish on July 20, 2014, 03:12:25 PM
Tom.......

see ya
Bob

Bob,
I'll be making at least 10 total as long as I stay away from the moon! It will take 7 loops from the second level to the third. This will give me 20" between the two levels.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tom ;D

If you keep going up your going to have to rent some space from NASA in that building they have for assembling shuttles.  It may be available.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

gnatshop

Goollly! What are we gonna see when he starts buildin' the diff'rent layers of the REAL railroad?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cuse

The Pyramids, The Grand Canyon, and now...The Ovalix, eighth wonder of the world.

Or is it 9th? King Kong was the 8th

John

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on July 20, 2014, 04:02:39 PM
Good to see a fire extinguisher nearby.   ;D   Good grief, how many passenger trains do you plan to run at once? 

Jeff

Dr. Jeff,

Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated. I will be able to run four at one time but I have twenty total. Those are only about 75% of my passenger car stash! Can't have an empire if the fleet is small! LOL!

Update later this evening.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on July 20, 2014, 10:32:03 PM
Goollly! What are we gonna see when he starts buildin' the diff'rent layers of the REAL railroad?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gman,

Where have you been my friend? Never mind, you've been taking the Ledbetters around town, I remember now! Not sure what you'll see when the rest of it starts but we will see it together.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on July 20, 2014, 10:39:06 PM
The Pyramids, The Grand Canyon, and now...The Ovalix, eighth wonder of the world.

Or is it 9th? King Kong was the 8th

John

John,

Thanks for stopping by and checking in. I'll settle for #9! More updates this evening.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com