The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Today I poured the resin in the small pond. I used Woodland Scenics Deep Pour, Murky Water.

I mixed it per the instructions, stirred and poured. The picture below was taken 6 hours after the pour. The instructions state the resin will be completely dry in 24 hours. That will be 7 AM tomorrow morning.

When dry, I'll add more weeds and bushes around the pond.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Hi Tom,

I like your photo's of your layout that you took at ground level looking through the trees.  Your scenery is really looking very good.

Were you happy with the Woodland Scenics Deep Pour Water.  Did it creep up the banks of the pond when it dried?
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on May 09, 2017, 04:16:21 PM
Hi Tom,

I like your photo's of your layout that you took at ground level looking through the trees.  Your scenery is really looking very good.

Were you happy with the Woodland Scenics Deep Pour Water.  Did it creep up the banks of the pond when it dried?

Steve,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm going to take more ground level photos as I move along. Videos also.

I was very pleased with how the Deep Pour Water worked. It was easy to mix and pour. Yes, it did creep up a bit but I blame myself for that. I poured to much in the pond and when it leveled off it was to high. I waited for it to set, about 6 hours and then I sprinkled some ground foam around the edges. The ground material settled in and you can see it doesn't look half bad.

I don't think it would have crept if I kept the level lower and not up to the scenery. I'll be pouring the Tahope River in a couple of weeks so I'll control the pour better.

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Beautiful work as usual Tom!  The pond looks pretty scummy  :o and the fence is great.  Toothpicks.....who knew!!??  Thanks again for the photo coverage of your progress.
Mark

jerryrbeach

Tom,
Wonderful little scene, all the scenery elements compliment each other so well, looks very natural.  You have a great eye and the ability to translate it into beautiful scenery.  I think you raise the bar for the rest of us with every photo you post!
Jerry

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

I have been using those fancy toothpicks to apply glue and paint for a long time, ever since I fount them in the Dollar Store.  I guess I need more to try them as fence posts.

Jim

RWL

Tom,

I thank you for the welcome, but I am not back yet. I will not be around for the gala in Orlando, I return a week before Altoona, hopefully I will see you there. Again, the modeling community will be very impressed with what you have accomplished, have a successful showing.

Bob

donatode

Tom, just so you know.....I am continuously mesmerized by your fine, delicate and realistic modeling.  You Sir must have a PHD in modeling.

ACL1504

Louisville and Nashville Southland at rural crossing in Tahope County, Fl.

[/color]
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

L&N Southland at track speed.

[/color]
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

L&N Southland passing rural station and water tower.

[/color]
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Track speed.....when the train clears the bridge it ought to high balling at Greg Speed thru the Florida countryside.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL