nycjeff layout

Started by nycjeff, August 06, 2020, 04:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Is that a slide-out drawer for holding freight cars, in the distance on the left?  

Very nice, overall!  I love seeing layout room photos, helps give me a sense of 'model RR in context' and how people finish their train rooms.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

nycjeff

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 25, 2024, 10:49:37 AMLooks grand Jeff..... 8)

Hello Greg, thanks for looking in and for the kind words

Quote from: deemery on May 25, 2024, 12:47:03 PMIs that a slide-out drawer for holding freight cars, in the distance on the left? 

Very nice, overall!  I love seeing layout room photos, helps give me a sense of 'model RR in context' and how people finish their train rooms.

dave

Hello Dave, the slide out tray that you are looking at is a control tray for the power and block switches for the classification yard and engine service areas of my layout. I have two walk around throttles for the main lines and an MRC power pack for the yard area. I agree with you on train room photos. We all try to just have train related areas in our pictures, but it's nice to see how other modelers set up their layouts in their train rooms.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Jerry

Really like that scenery.  Great job.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln