FSM Kit # 240 Branchline Water Tank - 2022 Challenge (2)

Started by S&S RR, January 02, 2022, 09:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: craftsmankits on January 23, 2022, 06:40:24 PM
Looks awesome.  You've put the bug in me to purchase and build this kit.  Mark

Mark

Thank you for the kind words and good luck with finding one.  It is a very nice kit. I will actually buy another one myself, if the price is right. I want to kit bash one and put it on the other side of the layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

S&S RR

John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Absolutely wonderful modeling!  Not only that, you included lots of tips I can use to help me build better models.  I love where it will be planted on the layout, it really deserves to be up front where it can be fully appreciated. 
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on January 24, 2022, 11:45:52 AM
John,

Absolutely wonderful modeling!  Not only that, you included lots of tips I can use to help me build better models.  I love where it will be planted on the layout, it really deserves to be up front where it can be fully appreciated.

Jerry

Thank you so much for the kind encouraging words. I'm looking forward to the scenery work in this area.  I can't wait to see how all these structures look with the scenery around them.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

hey John:

The finished product looks just gorgeous.

Karl

Opa George

I totally agree with everyone, John. Absolutely top shelf modeling. It turned out great.
This is one to come back to for reference.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Opa George on January 25, 2022, 05:50:46 PM
I totally agree with everyone, John. Absolutely top shelf modeling. It turned out great.

--Opa George

George

Thank you for the very kind words. I will be building more water towers for my layout and I will be coming back to this thread for reference, myself.  It will help me remember what I did. ;)  Us retired guys have to stick together. If I remember correctly you have about a month to go before you officially join our ranks.
John Siekirk

cuse

Great work John. That wood just looks "wet and weepy". What a cool little kit with all of that great detail in the stonework. The coloring and finish really fit your little world and provide a nice railroad contrast to that shiny station.

I think Reading Bob offered me one of these a while back and I determined I didn't have room - dumb ;D

John

Opa George

Quote from: S&S RR on January 25, 2022, 06:01:58 PM

--Opa George

Thank you for the very kind words. I will be building more water towers for my layout and I will be coming back to this thread for reference, myself.  It will help me remember what I did. ;)  Us retired guys have to stick together. If I remember correctly you have about a month to go before you officially join our ranks.

Thanks for remembering, John. Yes, just two weeks now. It's a strange, but good feeling, seeing it so close.

George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on January 29, 2022, 09:57:30 AM
Great work John. That wood just looks "wet and weepy". What a cool little kit with all of that great detail in the stonework. The coloring and finish really fit your little world and provide a nice railroad contrast to that shiny station.

I think Reading Bob offered me one of these a while back and I determined I didn't have room - dumb ;D

John

John

Thank you for the kind words - this little waterpower can fit just about anywhere. I see more than one on the S&S RR.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Opa George on January 29, 2022, 12:12:52 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on January 25, 2022, 06:01:58 PM

--Opa George

Thanks for remembering, John. Yes, just two weeks now. It's a strange, but good feeling, seeing it so close.

George

George

I felt the same way, but I know I was ready.  It took me twenty minutes to get used to it.  Just the amount of time it took to hear that gate click behind me for the last time. drive home,  and walk into my layout room.  Day one came the big decision - do I want to work on the layout, go up North and go fishing, or sit here and think about what else I want to do.
John Siekirk