2021 Winter Build Challenge, Let's build a Jordan!

Started by Raymo, January 01, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Everybody's been asking me to do it, so here it is. I've chosen the Jordan Model A pickup to be my 2nd Jordan build.

Raymo

Some of my photos will be on the dark side because I'm still trying to figure out my new camera. I've done my best to lighten them up. First up is a photo of the contents of the box..

NEMMRRC

Alright!!!

This one will be a good one. They are addictive this little beasts. And at the prices they fetch on eBay it can be a pricey addiction lol

Jaime

Raymo

I felt I needed to consult the master of Jordan builds Chester Fesmire before starting my build. Unfortunately Chester passed away a couple years ago but fortunately Brian Bollinger had done a video on vehicle builds with Chester being featured with some other fat-headed idiot. Although he didn't get in too deep into a complete build I did learn a few things. First a trip to the local hobby shop..

Jim Donovan

Awww, coffee in hand, sitting in my favorite chair, ready to watch the Master at work. I have this kit so very interested.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Me too, except for the coffee.....always look forward and enjoy a "fat-headed idiot" build..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Raymo

I purchased a tube of Testor's glue and Tamiya liquid cement. I haven't owned a tube of glue since the early 1980's but using it was like riding a bicycle into a spider web.. I forgot how stringy it was. The liquid was bought because all my other bottles were about 10 years old. The 2 big things that I was able to learn from watching Chester's video was to use just enough of the cement to hold the part straight and then apply the liquid to glue it in place. And #2, don't be in a rush. These builds take time to do them right and just do apiece at a time and let it dry.

Raymo

There aren't to many tools needed to clean the parts. A new razor blade, a couple of pieces of fine and extra fine foamed backed sand paper and a narrow extra fine sanding stick..

Raymo

The first part cut from the sprue and cleaned up. I accidently cut the front bumper supports off thinking they were part of the sprue but fixed them later in the build.

Raymo

deemery

Great build thread!!  I have many Jordan wagons put away.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Mark Dalrymple

Looking forward to this one, Ramyo.

I, too, have a decent collection of these vehicles to build for my layout.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Now this is going to be a fun build to watch. I'm following every step.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

This'll be fun.   :D

I have that DVD and plan on watching it before I take a stab at building a couple of Sylvan's I just acquired.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty