KC's Workshop, Grumpy's Cafe - 2021 Build Challenge.

Started by ACL1504, January 01, 2021, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Mark

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Looks great Tom! KC's Workshop has certainly turned out some nice kits...great to see (relative ) newcomers making high quality stuff in our hobby.

John

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on September 09, 2021, 06:27:23 AM
Looks great Tom! KC's Workshop has certainly turned out some nice kits...great to see (relative ) newcomers making high quality stuff in our hobby.

John

John,

Thanks for the compliment. I agree, Kenny has some very nice kits out. He has also teamed with Jensen and  Keep it Rusty for more fantastic stuff.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I built a quick and easy interior. I made it so it the building fits over the interior so I can remove it to add lights and other interiors later.

I used Pan Pastels to color the floor and painted Floquil Mud on the walls.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Didn't notice the camera reflection until just now. Sorry 'bout that.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Doug,

Thank you very much. I appreciate you stopping by for a look see and comment.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I added a little more to the exterior stair case and glued it in place.

I used a small metal square to keep it level and in place as the glue dried.

continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

It is level of course!

I added two strips of 2X4s to the back of the stair stringers. Instead of cutting my own stringers as I usually do, I used Northeastern Scale Lumber stringers to save time.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I previously had the measurement for the width of the stringers. I used three HO scale 2X8s and glued the stringers flush to the outside edges of the three 2X8 spacers.

When the stringer sub assembly was dry, I glued it in place against the platform and wall as shown.

Continued, Diet Pepsi time. Back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Once the stringer sub assembly was in place and the glue dry, I added the HO scale 2X6s for the treads.

When this entire sub assembly is dry you may choose to remove the three spacers. In my case, I chose to leave them in place for a little extra support. I did  use Hunterline Light Gray A&I to stain the ends of the treads.

Done for today.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com