FOS Gordon Novelty - 2021 Build Challenge (Rocky Point Harbor Tribute Cont’d)

Started by Keep It Rusty, January 03, 2021, 04:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Off we go.

As of today, I'm starting up my 2021 Winter Build Challenge.

It's Gordon Novelty Co from FOS Scale.

This building is becoming a seafood restaurant on my Rocky Point Harbor F&SM tribute.

It will stand in place of the "Izzy Fish Co" building, with this kit being chosen as it somewhat resembles that structure.

I have big plans for this kit, so I can't wait to get started on my first build challenge!

More soon.

EDIT: uploading two of John/Tom's photos of Izzy Fish for reference.

Mark Dalrymple

Great kit, Craig!

I have a very similar five story structure to scratchbuild based on an existing building in Wellington.  The bottom street front is either a butcher or barber, depending on the year.

I'll be watching on as you progress with this one.

Cheers, Mark.

Keep It Rusty

Thanks all! Doug makes great kits and this has always been one of those stand outs for me.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Keep It Rusty

Got a whole bunch done last night.

I got my walls braced, 1/16 trim stained and walls also. I'm using Hunterline Blue Grey and a tiny hint of Driftwood (especially on edges). The covered stairway wall is pure Driftwood with "Golden Brown" stain on its edges.

I left them overnight under weights to dry flat (this morning they were).

As they were drying I still had some time on my clock, so I pulled out my mini-lathe and started work on a little detail that I shall reveal later...

More soon!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Jerry. Trying to match Izzy Fish Co color as much as possible (as seen in original post)

I think that's enough of the stain for now and maybe some pastel chalks...

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Thanks for following along Bob! Can't wait to keep progressing with this one.

MAP

Mark

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Mark!

Got a bunch more done last night, including adding trim, signs and some laser board details. Windows and additional weathering tonight!

postalkarl

Hey Rusty:

Looking just great so far. I scratch buil  I scratch built the Izzy Fish Co. years ago.

Keep It Rusty

Oh, I'd love to see that! Do you have any photos you could share — even if by email?