SRMW Retirement Build Challenge - 2021 updates

Started by tom.boyd.125, January 06, 2021, 01:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom.boyd.125

Hello to all that follow...been 5 weeks since the last update so time to post some activity. 1st photo shows my staging line from several years ago, 7 SRMW kits going at once, second photo shows the Tucker & Cook dormer front problem that Bob VanGelder took care of...3rd photo shows progress on the Lamson build, castings primed, all windows painted flat white and glazed, shingles cut into 3 row sections from the sheets ready for markers, walls primed, and cardstock roof sections cut out, etc...last photo are the slate shingles from Cambridge Crossing cut into single rows, all colored with markers ready for installation, castings primed, the wall sections braced and painted, and some FSM castings being painted. Time for more prep work...
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

GPdemayo

Overachiever - see definition under "Tom Boyd". I'm looking forward to your builds Tom.....have tons of fun.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Vietnam Seabee

Tommy...if only you had a Brick Roundhouse to start ;-))

I'm getting closer to putting my negotiating hat on

Terry

Jerry

Tom whatever you do don't get the parts mixed up!!!  :)

Looking forward to this monster build you have going!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Tommy,

What a fantastic collection of structures. I'm also looking forward to the builds and count me in as one of the followers on this adventure.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Since I have Lamson on the shelf (with a specific spot for it), I'll be very interested to hear about building that.  I've been pondering alternative building layouts to fit the location.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 25, 2024, 09:55:15 AMOverachiever - see definition under "Tom Boyd". I'm looking forward to your builds Tom.....have tons of fun.  8)

Remember years ago when I visited the late Dick Elwell to see his Hoosac Valley RR and he told me the plan for his paper mill addition will take 2 to 3 years to get done...some enjoy the trill of challenging themselves to simply give it their best effort...we all have goals and dreams and many modelers are way better than me...so let's build some kits...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on June 25, 2024, 10:01:38 AMTommy...if only you had a Brick Roundhouse to start ;-))

I'm getting closer to putting my negotiating hat on

Terry
Will add that to my wish list and donations are accepted...keep me advised...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: Jerry on June 25, 2024, 12:17:48 PMTom whatever you do don't get the parts mixed up!!!  :)

Looking forward to this monster build you have going!

Jerry
Jerry...yes parts do get mixed up...but since it's a multi choice build challenge...if something gets misplaced we move on to another kit...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 25, 2024, 12:35:25 PMTommy,

What a fantastic collection of structures. I'm also looking forward to the builds and count me in as one of the followers on this adventure.

Tom
Tom, Thanks...the candy shop has taken half the modeling time away but progress in being made...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: deemery on June 25, 2024, 01:42:37 PMSince I have Lamson on the shelf (with a specific spot for it), I'll be very interested to hear about building that.  I've been pondering alternative building layouts to fit the location.

dave
Dave, will keep you posted on the SRMW Lamson project and will forward you that information before posting it on this thread...Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

tom.boyd.125

Between all the wet and windy weather was able to find time to clean up and prime the metal castings for the SRMW Thorndike Mill. Flat white for the windows again and all glazed using Micro Kristal Klear. Time for more prep work...Tommy

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Vietnam Seabee

Okay then...I'm anxious to follow your progress on this one...let the games begin
terry

Jim Donovan

Holland & Odessa Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Nice progress, Tommy.

Thorndike's is my one and only SRM kit, so I'll be watching with particular interest.

Cheers, Mark.