Fish Fluke Lighthouse

Started by Joe, January 22, 2021, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Chipped away the wavy gravy hydrocal.  I cast a new foundation and set it into the flat ground before I carefully poured some new hydrocal.  I had to replace a few rocks because I was a bit rough in removing the hydrocal. 

Keep It Rusty

Great work, Joe.

That Hydrocal casting looks wonderful. Do you use foam board when casting?

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

WQW!!!!! That is just beautiful.

Karl

Jerry

Great looking lighthouse!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Very impressive, Joe. Your eye for detail is evident.  Love the colors of the rock castings.  Of course the lighthouse is a triumph, too.
--Opa George

Joe

Karl!  Great to hear from you, thanks.

Still a bit of work to do on the lighthouse, George.  I have the back door and chimney to install (more to come)  I will finish up some of the landscaping tonight.  Here is Canada it is -18 C or 0 F (great temps for modelling)

Craig, in my big comeback I have devoted a ton of time to casting, trying different materials, techniques, etc.  My next project is a mill, I will document all my progress and techniques shortly.  (some experiments have been complete failures, that is why I know I will be successful someday!)

Joe

Joe

Added a bit of scenery on the rocks and around the lighthouse.  I still have to add a chimney, back door and the wind vent on the light structure, then lights.  I was worried about a ship wreck until the lights were installed so I placed a scratch built fishing shack with rescue boat beside it for now :)

PRR Modeler

Excellent job on the diorama.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

tom.boyd.125

Joe,
Welcome to the Forum...your lighthouse looks great !
Thanks for the bowling alley signs you sent me over a decade ago too...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Joe

Hi Tom, 10 years ago, seems like yesterday I made the Bowling Alley (that was a good one)

I added the a brace doors on the different foundations.  Made and cast a couple of brick chimneys (will explain that process in another thread). Installed the chimneys, would been a more enjoyable process if I did that before shingles! 

I made some scratch hurricane vents for the top of the lighthouse superstructure. 

I started to make a flock of seagulls too!  I am getting close to done and can't wait to start my next project. 

Joe

A couple of final lighthouse pictures.  Complete with chimney, painted stairs, vents, seagulls and a light!

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Excellent build Joe.....great scene.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL