I.M. Giltay Corp - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by Keep It Rusty, February 07, 2021, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

WOW, that's impressive. It's going to be tough to soar with you eagles with builds like that.

I like that stucco on that building.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

deemery

Over the years, I've thought a lot about how to construct Mansard roofs.  One thought that comes to mind from your roof, is to use the 3D Printer to construct subroof forms, and then bend cardboard or styrene glued to those forms.  In particular, getting a corner form with the correct curves at right angles would be a great help in getting a solid and smooth curved roof corner. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: Bernd on February 07, 2021, 05:35:50 PM
WOW, that's impressive. It's going to be tough to soar with you eagles with builds like that.

I like that stucco on that building.

Bernd

Thanks Bernd — that's very flattering. I look forward to your builds in the near future :)

Quote from: deemery on February 07, 2021, 05:57:59 PM
Over the years, I've thought a lot about how to construct Mansard roofs.  One thought that comes to mind from your roof, is to use the 3D Printer to construct subroof forms, and then bend cardboard or styrene glued to those forms.  In particular, getting a corner form with the correct curves at right angles would be a great help in getting a solid and smooth curved roof corner. 

dave

An excellent thought Dave. I may even try this soon.

SteveCuster

Very nice Craig! I'm super interested in the 3d printed stuff and I love the way you incorporate it into all your builds. Very cool stuff.
Steve Custer

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: SteveCuster on February 07, 2021, 09:33:53 PM
Very nice Craig! I'm super interested in the 3d printed stuff and I love the way you incorporate it into all your builds. Very cool stuff.

Thanks Steve. You know how much I respect your work, so I really appreciate your comments.

ReadingBob

Wow.  Here I am simply slapping kits together while you're knocking scratch builds outta the park faster than I can build a kit!  That's terrific!  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 08, 2021, 06:44:39 AM
Wow.  Here I am simply slapping kits together while you're knocking scratch builds outta the park faster than I can build a kit!  That's terrific!  ;D

Thank you, Bob! For me, the best way to learn is from my mistakes, so I try and get in as many projects as possible — all so I can make as many mistakes as possible!

I'm now working on Emporium Seafood, so the $$ signs will pump the brakes a little ;)

Really appreciate your kind words.

fbernard65

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: fbernard65 on February 08, 2021, 12:10:45 PM
Craig,

Another great build.

Frank

Thank you, Frank. Really appreciate your continued support.