Friday, February 26, 2021

Started by Opa George, February 26, 2021, 05:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

This morning's photos are great, lots of modeling inspiration in all of them.

I've been trying to finish up the renovation of my layout room (formerly a bedroom).  I'm really feeling all the crawling around on my knees putting down flooring, installing baseboards, etc.  Unfortunately, there is still another day or even two required to finish up.

Chiropractor appointment later this morning.  I'll probably take the rest of the day and rest my sore muscles and joints before getting back to the renovations.

Everyone have a safe and productive day, even if it is a "rest day".
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

TFIF.

Gonna enjoy this one as much as possible.

Tommy, I just saved the same photo from Shorpy!

jrmueller

Good morning. That's all I've got today.
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

bparrish

Mornin' all...

Still working my way around the RR room cleaning, dusting and repairing little details that ave been kicking down the road for a long time......... "Oh, I'll get to that soon".

With no visitors in the last year...... it has really gotten out of hand.

I am to start my photography of the railroad next week in preparation for the summer convention that will be virtual.  Cameras are are unforgiving for what they see ............ ie  cobb webs...............  Just exactly what is a cobb? ? ? ?

With that........  back to the salt mine........ we do this for fun ? Right???

see Ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Opa George

Quote from: bparrish on February 26, 2021, 12:38:17 PM

I am to start my photography of the railroad next week in preparation for the summer convention that will be virtual.  Cameras are are unforgiving for what they see ............ ie  cobb webs...............  Just exactly what is a cobb? ? ? ?

Turns out I know this!  The Middle English word for spider was "attercop" which came down to Old English as coppe, and the webs produced by spiders became coppe webs or cobwebs.

--Opa George

S&S RR

Quote from: Opa George on February 26, 2021, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: bparrish on February 26, 2021, 12:38:17 PM

Turns out I know this!  The Middle English word for spider was "attercop" which came down to Old English as coppe, and the webs produced by spiders became coppe webs or cobwebs.

--Opa George

It's amazing what a guy can learn on a model railroad forum.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad