Delta Mill Build

Started by Joe, February 28, 2021, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

What can I say but Wowwie. Very nicely done.

Karl

ACL1504

Joe,

Great build and very nice recovery on the broken wall. Looking very good.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Joe

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 21, 2021, 04:29:07 PM
That is going to be one good looking mill when you get done Joe.....well done.  8)

Thanks Bob, I am pretty happy so far, I have learned a lot with casting hydrocal.

Joe

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 21, 2021, 04:29:07 PM
That is going to be one good looking mill when you get done Joe.....well done.  8)

Thanks Greg, each step certainly brings a few new challenges, much appreicated.

Joe

Joe

Quote from: postalkarl on May 21, 2021, 04:48:22 PM
Hey Joe:

What can I say but Wowwie. Very nicely done.

Karl

Thanks Karl, always appreciate your words of encouragement.  Thanks for following along, it is a heavy beast when I lift it.  I think of the South River Model Works Roundhouse kit and can't imagine how heavy those walls would have been.

Joe

nycjeff

Hello Joe, what an impressive looking building. Can't wait to see the finished product.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Joe

Quote from: nycjeff on May 21, 2021, 06:04:11 PM
Hello Joe, what an impressive looking building. Can't wait to see the finished product.   Jeff
Thanks Jeff, I am working at a slower pace but hope to get more accomplished in the next week.

Joe

I worked on assembly of the walls and the roof for the turbine shed add on.  The roof is just placed there for now.  Next step is the main roof and trim.  Hopefully, I can pick up the pace a bit, work seems to get in the way of fun sometimes.

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

Looks just great so far. Keep the pics coming.

Karl

S&S RR

Joe

I just got caught up on your progress, beautiful work.  This is really looking great.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Joe

Quote from: S&S RR on June 01, 2021, 10:08:15 AM
Joe

I just got caught up on your progress, beautiful work.  This is really looking great.
Hi John
Thanks for following along.  Worked on the roof and trim.  Update to follow.

Joe

I installed the trim and roof panels this weekend.  I see from the photos I forgot to touch up the trim, lol. My next step is figuring out the type of roofing.  It would be real simple to throw on the already to install 3 tabs, see photos.  Another option is slate.  I never had slate for any of my kits but I must have had something in the works ... I have quite a few old files and kit ideas, those might be good for a laugh.

Anyway, I took a photos of the sheet, I even lightly scribed on guidelines for laying them down straight.  I coloured them with various prismacolor markers (various shades, 70%, 50%, 40%, eggshell and blending)
and laid them out quickly to get some thoughts or feedback.

Thanks for following along,  Joe

GPdemayo

Good pick with the slate roofing.....it goes well with the stone structure.....well done Joe.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Joe,
Your project is looking great !
Nice update photos too...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl