Delta Mill Build

Started by Joe, February 28, 2021, 10:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Well, it has been awhile but I have been colouring slates and laser cut a chimney stack.  Hopefully the slates will go quickly, lol

Jerry

That is just beautiful stone work!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

Love those shingles. that roof is gonna look just great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Karl

Joe

Quote from: Jerry on July 10, 2021, 09:54:47 AM
That is just beautiful stone work!!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, the hydrocal and laser does all the work!  I am hoping to make some masters this summer, stay tuned.

Joe

Joe

Quote from: postalkarl on July 11, 2021, 09:38:58 AM
Hey Joe:

Love those shingles. that roof is gonna look just great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Karl

The shingles are a labour of love, lol.  I am almost done, chimney is installed and will post photos in a day or so.  Thanks

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

NKP768

Joe

Quote from: NKP768 on July 15, 2021, 10:11:08 AM
Cool chimney...
Doug

Thanks Doug, the chimney is all laser cut, carefully sanded on the corners and glued together.  I think I should be able to do all sorts of cool chimneys with this technique and material.

Almost done the roof!

Joe

I have been away from this for too long.  I finished off the roof and have begun working on the base.  I am in the home stretch now and should be able to finish, quickly???
Joe

PRR Modeler

Very nice Joe. Love the roof coloring.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Joe

Thanks for the comment on the roofing ... it takes a long time to colour them but they come together nicely and makes it worth the effort.

Added a few rock piles this week and designed and cut grates for the water ways and a fence on the roadway.  I will finish the grates and fencing if all goes well this week.

Thanks for looking, Joe

postalkarl

Hey Joe:

This is coming along quite nicely.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Looking really good, Joe.

Love the entrance to the side door.

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

the slate roofing looks great Joe.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Joe

Quote from: postalkarl on October 11, 2021, 02:27:36 PM
Hey Joe:

This is coming along quite nicely.

Karl

Thanks Karl, always little thing to finish up as you know too well!