Re: The Atlantic & Southern Saturday Report

Started by Judge, March 11, 2021, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

To the followers of the Saturday Report  - Greetings!

I am recovering from spinal fusion surgery and let me tell you its a lot easier to recover from major surgey when you are 19 instead of when you are 77.  My nurse removed my catheter this morning and, believe me, it makes a world of difference morale-wise to have it gone.  I have an appointment with my surgeon Monday morning at 11:00 a.m. to discuss my progress, which I believe is excellent.

I hope to continue the Saturday Report. probably in a week, although I doubt I will be in shape to actually drive to the A&S layout.  But who knows, things might improve.

deemery

Good news, Your Honor!  Here's to continued improvement and a rapid return to the railroad.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

MAP

Mark

PaulS

Wonderful news your Honor !!
Take it slow and steady, and don't overdo it ...
All the best and be well,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

BandOGuy

Thanks your honor for great news on a day when it was sorely missing from so many other sources.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

S&S RR

Great news Judge.  Thoughts and prayers from here for your continued recovery.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

RWL

Bill,
I expect your recovery to be expedient, not much grows under your feet. Hopefully it will be a walk in the park, or on the beach considering we are in Florida.
As far as age is concerned, many things and avenues were easier years ago, but it is only a mental state. Take care and get well soon.
Bob

nycjeff

Your Honor, I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and I agree with you about things being easier to recover from in your 20's and not your 70's. We were all bulletproof at that age and now....

I'm looking forward to your continuing your stories when you are able. Take care and do what the docs say.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

ReadingBob

Super news!

I'm sure the Doc's won't let you imbibe of anything worthy so I'll tip one (or two) this evening for you in your honor Your Honor.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Great news Bill.....looking forward to seeing you soon.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

It's a process, Your Honor.  Step at a time, and, as you stated earlier, you're 77, not 19.  Old folks like us are supposed to be patient and be good patients.  Maybe that's why "patient" is a noun, adverb, and adjective.

Larry

jrmueller

Bill.  Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Morale is probably the most important part of the process. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Great news!  Follow the therapist/physician instructions.  Don't try to do too much. 

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Judge,
Familiar with spinal fusion surgery...my daughter had it done many years ago after a sand bag in the back of a Jeep did serious damage to her.
Hope you don't have to wear the protective two piece gear she wore for 10 weeks while healing. All we can say is take it easy and as Dr. Jeff says follow along with the advice given and hope you will have a speedy recovery.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com