Dark Dirt ?

Started by Dennis Bourey, March 13, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Quote from: Oldguy on March 16, 2021, 09:52:46 AM
Shouldn't your dirt color depend upon what area you are modeling?  I'm modeling somewhat local so I can get by with a backyard dirt pile.  If I was modeling Arkansas, I'd need to add some reddish tint.  Georgia would be redder yet.  For other parts of the country, I have no clue, but it seem to me to be important to have an idea to get a feel for the area.

Quite right, of course.  In noting what looked right, what I should have said was "looks right for the area I model." Good catch, Bob!

Dennis Bourey

Quote from: Oldguy on March 16, 2021, 09:52:46 AM
Shouldn't your dirt color depend upon what area you are modeling?  I'm modeling somewhat local so I can get by with a backyard dirt pile.  If I was modeling Arkansas, I'd need to add some reddish tint.  Georgia would be redder yet.  For other parts of the country, I have no clue, but it seem to me to be important to have an idea to get a feel for the area.
You are right Bob. I'm trying for New England as I live here. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Dennis Bourey

Thank You George, Bob, Dave and John. Feels good to start something.  8)
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Correction:  The color of the Bragdon chalk is called Dust Bowl Brown - number 66  I'm not sure if the name changed or I changed it for him :-[ :-[ :-[
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Thank you John, I found it.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)