Friday, 3/19/21

Started by Zephyrus52246, March 19, 2021, 07:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Get up all you sleepy heads.  I've got three days off and can't wait to get started.  Here's a Shorpy pic that shows some lines on the siding.  Made by nails, perhaps?  ;D

Jeff

Blazeman

Happy Friday, all.

Sunshine returns in SE PA as spring rolls in.

The big day is here as well:  March Madness gets underway.  Good luck all of you who filled out  a bracket.

Larry

jerryrbeach

Good morning. 

Frosty 20 degree start to the day with a forecast high of just above freezing.  That all changes (at least the high) tomorrow as we go to fifty degree days and below freezing nights.  Sounds like heaven for the maple syrup producers in the area. 

That's all I've got...
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good morning! Dr. Jeff great picture of clapboard siding with nail heads. I'm putting the finishing touches on my Beach Farms diorama - finished pictures this weekend if all goes well. I'm off to paint some pigeons and the places they have been.  ;)  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Friday
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jerry

Morning everyone

Dr. Jeff great picture of nailheads or a very angry woodpecker!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/34 with a RF/19.  It's a windy day here.

Maybe some bench time later today!!

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Also off today.  I'm not sure what's on tap aside from some workbench time. 

Quote from: Jerry on March 19, 2021, 09:15:29 AM
Dr. Jeff great picture of nailheads or a very angry woodpecker!!

Perhaps an angry woodpecker with OCD given they're organized in nice, neat rows and evenly spaced like that.  ;D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

TomW

3 time is the charm posting. Spent some time doing scenery around Zoe's building. Next project will be O Hommell in Carnegie Pa. The plant made porcelain frit Glaze) for appliance industry. Shut down/got bought out in 2015. The plant was big but I am going to do some compression with the wooden building and some kit bashed brick and metal buildings. Have a good day.

ACL1504

Late morning all,

I forgot to check in. Dr. Jeff - great photo! Love the nail holes and I guess those are chicken coops in the back yards.

Tom W. very nice structure.

Got nuttin else.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

TomW

TomW

deemery

A mostly lost day...  Much of the morning was spent talking to pharmacies and then Medicare, to discover I'm not "sick enough" for Medicare to pay for my continuous diabetes sensors.  Fortunately, they're not that expensive and my pharmacy found a 40% off coupon.  Then, in between picking up the sensors at the pharmacy, I called T-Mobile again to see if they could set up my on-line account.  This time the tier 2 got the IT people off their posteriors, he called me back and I was able to create an account.  Then I went to settings and disabled "track me for advertising." 

But I did open my Mine Mount Models kit and started planning a kitbashing project.  More on that in the next day or so.  Part of my motivation is the prototype has part of the structure finished with stucco, which the kit models.  But I've always hated stucco, so my challenge was "what could I do that would look reasonable, fit in my 1890s era, and make maximum use of the kit parts?" 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

NKP768

Had to be a long cold walk back to the little trackside house on those dark winter nights.

Doug