Advertise Here - SUPPORT TMF

Author Topic: Clearfield Cheese Clinton Mo  (Read 1048 times)

postalkarl

• T-Shirt - FORUM SPONSOR
  • Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Clearfield Cheese Clinton Mo
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2021, 02:59:47 AM »
Hey Bob:

Structure is looking just great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2021, 07:57:26 PM »
I've gotten to the point where i need to develop the various signs needed.  I was good with my old Office stuff, but had to switch to Office 10 (or whatever) and I am struggling.  In the mean time i worked a bit on the front canopy posts.  The prototype has a canopy that included the lower part of the exterior staircase enclosure.  I thought it would look a bit better to have the main canopy be above a bit and over the lower staircase portion.  All for visual interest.  But that didn't look as good in person as it did in my head.  So, I had to remove some of the installed rolled roofing off to allow for rolled roofing over the entire canopy.  My little bit of foundation also forms the front concrete walkway.  I cut the posts from some bras tubing which I painted black.  Now how to put it all together.  I drilled out the holes for the posts, but added a piece of wood underneath the plastic and even with the front of it.  Then it was a matter of adding some tape to the bottom to cover the holes.  I added some medium ACC stuck in the posts and then aligned the post tops with the holes in the wood.  Made holding the pieces in parallel and straight up and down.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

nycjeff

• Senior Poster 250+
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »
Hello Bob, I really like how the roof is coming together. We don't see many of that type of roof here on the forum and you are doing a great job explaining how you are doing it.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2021, 08:24:32 PM »
Well Jeff, I can understand why.  These bowstring truss roofs where somewhat common here in the Midwest back in the day.

I finally managed to get a corporate logo that I liked and installed.  I fiddled with an "Office" sign for the main door, but it doesn't really show.

The cardboard that I used for the roof deck holds it shape really well,  I curved it a week or so ago and it held up.  Got it glued down.  I like the transfer tape and got lucky that two wide rows and on middle width row fir perfectly.  I added rolled roofing and glued the joints down.  Hopefully it'll all show up once the glue has dried and the roof is sprayed painted white.  It'll all make sense once I remember to take photos.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

nycjeff

• Senior Poster 250+
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »
Hello Bob, great job on the roof so far, can't wait to see the finished product.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal