Scratchbuilding Scranton - North Washington Avenue Project

Started by EricQuebec, March 21, 2021, 05:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

What are the "concrete" parts?  Basswood?  How do you finish them to get that great concrete look?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

Jerry

Eric a fine job your doing on this build.  Very precise cutting !

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Oldguy

Very nice start.  I'll be watching intently as I have several scratchbuilds coming up my self. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Opa George

Beautiful work, Eric. Your precision with the templates and brick material is evident.  This looks to be an epic scratchbuild that will raise the bar for all of us.

--Opa George

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

jrmueller

Great looking project Eric   Reminds me of when we had the EXPO in Scranton. Wondering if we'll ever see those days again. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

postalkarl

Hey Eric:

Looks just beautiful. Great job on the bay widow.

Karl

EricQuebec

Thank you for your comment Dave, Jerry, Bob, Opa Georges, Janbouli, Bernd, Jim and Karl.

Dave. No special thing about the «concrete» part. It's juste .300" Cardboard from  pieces found in the Northeastern scale model package of paper «Corrugated metal»
no color added. I think the concret effect is due to the light (incadescent bulb) and the natural color of the brich basswood part.

Eric

Mark Dalrymple

Looking great, Eric!

Did you scratch build the windows as well?

Cheers, Mark.

EricQuebec

Hi Mark.
thanks for your comment.
The windows are from Tichy, No scratchbuild...
Eric

jrmueller

Eric-you should include the hot dog place near the hotel. Fond memories of Scranton and the Expo.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

postalkarl

Pennman

Eric,

This is an interesting project. And no doubt it will be interesting to watch.
I have some of the Monster Modelworks brick sheets and I like the way you
utilized them as brick over brick to achieve the desired effect. Nice job
on the bay windows too.

Rich

EricQuebec

Quote from: jrmueller on March 31, 2021, 10:34:58 AM
Eric-you should include the hot dog place near the hotel. Fond memories of Scranton and the Expo.  Jim
Hey Jim, that's an idea but.... I never participate an expo (Yes I Know, it's a shame... but my poor English don't me permit to assist to a clinic or so) and I never travel to Scranton.
So the  famous Hot dog place is a big mystery for me. May be have you a pictures, an adress or a Name?

Eric