2021 Build challenge, Act V

Started by Zephyrus52246, March 27, 2021, 05:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

With a short time remaining in the challenge, I thought I'd add one more Act to the play.   ;D  I have several of these Alloy Forms vehicles, including three of these pickup trucks.  I like them because you can pose the tailgate in an open position.  The detail is pretty good as well.  As they are too new for my era (they are year 1956), I will pose them with the front end away from the viewer's perspective in case someone who really knows their old trucks tries to call me on it.   :D  I also have an old Dyna Models truck I probably bought at a hobby show 20 years ago.  The detail is not up to the Alloy Forms standard, which I think is a bit below the  Sylvan models.  Anyway, here they are.  I've both of these a long time, look at the price on that Alloy Forms.  :o

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

The Alloy Forms has several parts, including tiny tail lights and license plates.  The other has a body, pickup bed, and four wheels, (didn't get a picture of it).

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Parts were cleaned up with a file.  The Alloy forms had quite a bit of flash, and nubs on the tires.  The Dyna one had very little, but the bed wouldn't fit worth a darn.  I filed and filed and managed to get one side where it would line up OK, but not the other.  It will show the good side on the layout.   8)  Here they are ready to go into the paint booth.  I painted them both black, with the intention of being REALLY lazy and leaving them black, but my black Rustoleum paint was nearing the end of the can and didn't cover as well nor as evenly as I'd hoped, so they'll go back to the paint booth when I'm fired up enough to clean the airbrush for this and another project.   Maybe later tonight.  More likely tomorrow.

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gotta love the old trucks.....looking forward to seeing Act V build Jeff.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Jeff,
Will follow along...glad to see you are super busy !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Zephyrus52246

Well, it's been a busy 3 weeks here.  Between basement and garage work for the car charger (still no new car), new iphone, and a lot of work stuff, I hadn't worked on this.  No interim pics as the camera is still having issues, and I don't have any idea how to take/load pics from the iphone yet.  Here's the final pics of the Alloy Forms truck.  Painting the front grill/lights of the Dynamodel truck was a disaster.  I'm not sure if I'll repaint the front or just park it facing away from the viewer.  The initial pic shows small hub caps, black wheels and whitewalls.  The wheels were much easier to paint totally silver and I thought the whitewalls too fancy on a work truck .  I knocked off the tailgate and the chains several times, so I didn't want to futz with the tailights, so they are missing.   :-[  Too late to make the cutoff, but close enough for me.   :)

Jeff

Raymo

Nice build Dr. Jeff. You actually have one of the better Alloy Form kits. The good ones have the clear bubble packaging on the cardboard backer. Stay away from the kits that come in a clear plastic bags, that's where the kits are impossible to build because there's so much flash or poor quality.

ReadingBob

I like it!  I don't recall ever seeing one with the tailgate down and the chains like that.  That's an interesting feature.  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Dan.  Coming form the "master of vehicles", it means a lot.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Thanks, Bob.  I didn't use the chain that came with the kit, I had some with smaller links that was already black and looks better.

Jeff

postalkarl

Hey Jeff:

Your trucks came out just great.

Karl