Tuesday - March 30, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, March 30, 2021, 07:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

A new time entry system was rolled out at work this week.  It's just wonderful.  I'm really looking forward to the days when I no longer have to track/log my time.   ::)  No workbench time yesterday.  Maybe tonight.  I'm in the lighting phase of a little row home I'm building so I'll need to break out the LED's, soldering pencil, etc.

One of my favorite lighting projects from the past.  8)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MartyO

Morning,

Blue skies and a trip to hobby store and Costco.
Marty

Blazeman

Happy Tuesday.  Next to last day of March.  Baseball season starts very soon.

Have to move 1300+ lbs of bricks today.  Been trying to unload (give away) them since last summer.  Finally got a taker.  Somehow, previous property owner had accumulated them for some reason and left them along with a few dozen cinder blocks (which were given away over the years).

Larry

S&S RR

Good morning! Bob that project did turn out great. It's supposed to get into the 60's here today - I think a walk outside will really help with the healing process.  Thank you again for all the posts of support yesterday, they meant a lot to me and my family. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

I'm here. Have a safe day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Looks like those high winds left about 3 hours of yard work to do ... many branches down...but did enjoy the warm weather for 24 hours.
Cold now for the next 3 days before it warms up again ...only 31 this morning...Stay Safe... !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

tct855

Quote from: Blazeman on March 30, 2021, 08:13:30 AM
Happy Tuesday.  Next to last day of March.  Baseball season starts very soon.

Have to move 1300+ lbs of bricks today.  Been trying to unload (give away) them since last summer.  Finally got a taker.  Somehow, previous property owner had accumulated them for some reason and left them along with a few dozen cinder blocks (which were given away over the years).

Larry

Larry, sounds like the previous property owner wanted to build his own wall, but then realized?...

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 30, 2021, 08:50:08 AM

Present

Greg said it best, so I'll just ditto him here!
                                                                 T...

Janbouli

23 deg C today , I'm off for a ride on the bicycle , too bad all restaurants and such are closed , would have been great to have had a beer or 2 along the way.

Have a great day all.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Yesterday was a warm but windy day, so we got our bike ride in then.

Today is less nice, but that's fine as it's all work anyway.

Bob, the lighting on that SOKOLS kit looks awesome. I've been meaning to get my hands on that one for a while, but they've been reaching $180+ on eBay and as it nears those prices I take a bow.

jrmueller

Good morning. I feel like s..t. Nothing specific but just the age old back pain. Think I'll sit on the back porch and watch Max and the birds. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Opa George

Checking in for the afternoon shift.  Jim, I hope you're feeling better as this day moves along.

Our winds died down and the sun is shining--just finished uncovering the fig trees in our front yard.  This is the earliest I've ever done it. They look good, having wintered under a blanket of leaves.  Hoping for another crop as big as last summer.

Time for a shower and then some workbench time.

Take care, all!

--Opa George

Jim Donovan

Thought I would catch up on day and check in. Hope the day got better for you Jim. Mine was OK, just some of the same age issues Jim had. Last night the our 13 year old pup was up all night, which means we were too. Vet says she has an ear infection. As I write this she is tucked in next to me. Hard to get upset with her when she does that.

I did some work on layout detailing today and helped (a little) clean the house. We have one of the kids and his family joining us for a week. Disney here we come. Take care/

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad