Tuesday - April 6, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, April 06, 2021, 06:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Got a little workbench time in after a long day at work yesterday.  It felt good.  The workbench time that is.  Not the long day.   :P

Old picture (obviously) from the Enola yards.  Probably taken around my college days back in the late 70's.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Another work day here as well.

Jeff

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Blazeman

Late crowd this AM I guess.

Nice day in store for SE PA.  Phils pulled one out last night after the Mets removed DeGrom.  Somehow, even with only 11,000 tickets available, Met fans were there, annoying as ever.

Catch up day at the house after puppy sitting, Easter weekend, and a day taking the missus to Phila for doctor visit.

All stay safe.

Larry

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing new to report. Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

A quiet time today with a bit of engine shed carving. The wife is getting first COVID jab today.
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Dogs are at the groomers, so the house is unnaturally quiet. 

I'm still waiting for some inspiration to hit.  Yesterday I bought some more 1/4" hardboard to cut into backdrop panels.  I'll do the sawing this afternoon.

Update:  Instead of cutting hardboard, James Van Bokkelen came over and helped me hang some of the backdrops.  The second is the 'mill stream' location, and the first shows the backdrop behind the switcher shed and the first chunk of backdrop going into the train room itself. 

These are photo backdrops from Trackside Scenery, attached with Deluxe Materials backdrop glue.  That stuff provides a lot of working time, which we needed to get things correctly positioned. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Was too tired for any bench time last night.

Maybe tonight.

Jerry

Morning everyone

Dog to the Vet in a few minutes.  Heartworm test.
Then we will take her to the park.

Weather later on sunny/7o.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! :)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Back from a trip to Lowe's and Tractor Supply to pick up "farm stuff".  I'm planning for a couple bridges on my layout and thought it would help if I had a couple shots of a bridge showing the abutments and shoes.  I made a quick trip to take some shots of this former Lackawanna thru girder on Sunday.  I should have gone later in the day, lighting is not the best, but it will do to help me decide how to proceed. 

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
After 3 days in the 70's it will be in the 60's here for the rest of the week with rain almost everyday in the forecast.
A strong line of T storms came thru last night and the MAN upstairs did not disappoint with a fantastic lighting show and very loud house shaking thunder.
The curtains were flying off there rods too...one to two inches of rain tonight...will work outside today raking up leaves so some grass seed can go down.
Stay Safe !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Janbouli

If it hadn't been for the temperature slightly above freezing we would have had about 8 inches of snow today, so in 4 weeks time it went from -12C in March , to 23C,  2 weeks later , to lots of snow and 1C another 2 weeks later, I think the weather has Corona.
I love photo's, don't we all.