Memories of Wonderful Companions & Family

Started by GPdemayo, April 07, 2021, 08:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on April 07, 2021, 08:52:28 AM
So sorry to here that Greg, I had to put our 18 1/2 year old dash hound down. She was the best. Dennis

Thanks Dennis.....losing your gal had to hurt after that long a time together. It is a sad time in our lives.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: S&S RR on April 07, 2021, 08:56:01 AM
Greg and Pegi

Sorry for your loss. They will live on in your memories.

Thanks John.....it will be a hard few weeks, but the wonderful memories are definitely there.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Dennis Bourey

Greg, I hurt a lot when we had to put her down. I still look over to her area and look for her  :( Our cat's still look for her in her bed as Cheana use to hid under the blanket's. Cheana was the runt of the liter and she out lived them all. She will have a place in my heart forever.

Vet's didn't want us in the building while she was being put down. I said no frigging way. I'm not letting her die which out holding her and not being alone.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

deemery

Jersey in her favorite place....  The license plate holder is still on my truck (but with NH plates now.)

Dennis, I'm glad you insisted on being with yours!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Dennis Bourey

Dave,Beautiful dog. My God dying is bad enough never mind being alone. This Virus thing is the worse.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

GPdemayo

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on April 08, 2021, 10:10:29 AM
Greg, I hurt a lot when we had to put her down. I still look over to her area and look for her  :( Our cat's still look for her in her bed as Cheana use to hid under the blanket's. Cheana was the runt of the liter and she out lived them all. She will have a place in my heart forever.

Vet's didn't want us in the building while she was being put down. I said no frigging way. I'm not letting her die which out holding her and not being alone.

It's a hard time Dennis, but hopefully, the memories will help dull the hurt in time.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: postalkarl on April 07, 2021, 09:50:30 AM
Greg& peg I:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have been there many's time in my life. It's very difficult to lose them . My thought are with you. Go and get two more doggies and enjoy them also.

Karl

Thanks Karl.....Pegi and I have talked a little about getting another dog, but it will be a while before we are able to make any decisions about what we will do.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on April 07, 2021, 10:09:18 AM
My heart aches, Greg. It really does. Euthanizing pets is one of the hardest decisions to make and follow through.

So, so sorry to hear of your loss.

A friend designed the image attached to commemorate his cat's passing. It cuts me down every time I look at it, but warms me in a way that's hard to describe.

Thanks Rusty.....your friends image is beautiful and your description fits perfectly.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on April 07, 2021, 10:40:31 AM
Gregory,
Losing such an important part of your family is never easy.
I know your house will seem empty without those two pals.
May fond memories of your beloved pets warm your heart always.
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.....Pegi and I are having a hard time with the quiet and lack of activity in the house but it is a smidge easier today than it was yesterday.....time does help.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on April 07, 2021, 10:47:01 AM
Sorry to hear the sad news.   :'(

You gave them a wonderful home and life.  They'll live on in your memory.   

Thanks Bob.....the girls had their moments, but the happy times are more overwhelming than the few problems we encountered over the years.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Hey Dave.....Jersey is just too cute and looks happy being with Dad for a trip in the truck. Thanks for posting the photo.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

deemery

One last memory, our last big trip together, to Gettysburg.  Here she is underneath a peach tree in the Peach Orchard.  Afterwards, we went for lunch. 

dave

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

deemery

She was a toy poodle.  No pedigree, but I'm pretty sure she was pure poodle.  Our current dogs are toy poodle mixed with bichon, we think. 

dave

GPdemayo

Quote from: Oldguy on April 07, 2021, 10:51:50 AM
Oh man that utterly sucks.  We had to do the same to our Cairn.  Miss Kelsey was a brindle (think Toto) and made it to 17.  That one hurt so much that I am done with pets.  I'll just keep the wife around.

You're right Bob.....it sucks big time! Having a cairn that makes it to 17 years old is amazing.  The other carins we've had never made it past 13-1/2. Kelsey was definitely a cutie. Thanks and I'm glad you're keeping the wife around..... :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL