Memories of Wonderful Companions & Family

Started by GPdemayo, April 07, 2021, 08:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 07, 2021, 11:45:06 AM
Greg and Pegi,

I'm very saddened to hear it came to pass. We had a few discussions on this decision over the past year or so. Although the decision was difficult, it was the right thing to do.

Pam and I have been through it and it is extremely difficult. So, ya'll aren't alone.

You gave the girls a great home and life full of love.

Tom and Pam

Thanks Tom.....I remember what you and Pam went thru, and I really appreciate our chats since Treas developed her problem last year. You're correct about the right thing to do, but as Bob said, "it really sucks".  :(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: madharry on April 07, 2021, 01:16:27 PM
Greg and Pegi,
I am saddened to hear of the loss of your dear pets. I am sure they are in a better place now with their suffering at an end.

I hope you consider acquiring a new pet or two soon.
Mike

Hi Mike.....I appreciate your thoughts and we will getting another cairn, but we need to give it a little time before we actually begin the process. Stay safe over there and let us know how your new home is working out.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Sorry Greg

I haven't checked in for a few days with kids and grandkids here but I know your loss and am walking the same path.  As I write this our pup Maggie Mae sleeps next to me.  She was at Shand's Small Animal Hospital for last few days, second time in a year. First time they were able to fix the issues, this time they could not. She is resting peacefully but we are losing her. I don't want to lose her. I flew through the worse weather I ever encountered in my flying to get her as a 12 week old pup. She was more than worth the trip, risks and all. Now all we can do is hug her and find the courage to let her go. We have not found it yet. So I know your pain. Wish I did not.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on April 07, 2021, 02:18:29 PM
So sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved terriers.  I know how difficult it was when we made the same decision years ago with our cocker spaniel.  Tougher to lose them both.  Remember the good times.

Jeff

Appreciate the thoughts Jeff and am sorry to hear of the loss of your cocker. It is difficult loosing our furry friends, but remembering all the fun times seems to be easing the pain a little more each day.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: nycjeff on April 07, 2021, 05:01:14 PM
Hello Greg, sorry for the loss of your puppies. One of the worst things about having pets is that they do not have as long a life span as we would like. My wife and I have had to go through what you are presently going through many times in the 40 plus years we have been together. We always get "free to a good home " dogs and they are usually not very young when we get them. It hurts a great deal to lose a member of the family and that's what our dogs are, but after about 6 months we miss the companionship and affection that dogs give us and we get another one. I hope that you and your wife can do the same.    Jeff

I agree Jeff, the loss hurts, but the joy and perspective they add to our lives is overwhelming. Like y'all, we will be giving it a break before we get another cairn.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Raymo

Sorry to hear of your loss Greg. The hardest thing for me was missing the daily routine I had with our pets after putting them down.

GPdemayo

Quote from: BandOGuy on April 07, 2021, 08:37:51 PM
I've had three terrific dogs in my life. My wife has the same count and we shared the Golden From Hell together. Your sad news reached me while we're sitting our grand dog and resisting enormous pressure from our daughter to do a rescue for a friend of hers. Would be easier to say no if wasn't part black lab.
Cherish the memories while you can and remember, there are a lot of great dogs out there waiting for welcoming homes when the time is right.

Thanks, the memories are locked in and being born at the beginning of the digital age all the photos and videos are a big help.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: Jim Donovan on April 09, 2021, 10:21:48 PM
Sorry Greg

I haven't checked in for a few days with kids and grandkids here but I know your loss and am walking the same path.  As I write this our pup Maggie Mae sleeps next to me.  She was at Shand's Small Animal Hospital for last few days, second time in a year. First time they were able to fix the issues, this time they could not. She is resting peacefully but we are losing her. I don't want to lose her. I flew through the worse weather I ever encountered in my flying to get her as a 12 week old pup. She was more than worth the trip, risks and all. Now all we can do is hug her and find the courage to let her go. We have not found it yet. So I know your pain. Wish I did not.

Jim

Thanks Jim.....I hope you don't have to go thru this for quite some tie with Maggie, it's no fun. You'll have to remember to tell me about that flight when we get up to the Villages.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: Raymo on April 10, 2021, 07:53:54 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Greg. The hardest thing for me was missing the daily routine I had with our pets after putting them down.

Thank you Dan.....the last couple of days, the sadness has started to dull, but you'r right about the change in routine. I'm having a bit of a problem adjusting with some things.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL