Thursday, 4-15-21

Started by ACL1504, April 15, 2021, 06:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing new here.

Reading T-1's double heading on Howard Zane's layout.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Had a credit card compromised yesterday.  Saw it coming.  So did the bank.  The night before there was a charge for $0.01 which was then reversed.  Somebody testing the waters to see if the number was good.  Yesterday there was a Paypal charge for $411 and some change that the bank Declined and then asked me to verify.  Nope.  I didn't charge anything for that amount.  The evil doers got nothing.  However I know what I'd like them to get.   >:(  Now I have to get a new card and figure out what all I had setup to automatically charge to that card so I can change the information.

One really can get lost wandering around Howard Zane's layout. This shot only shows a slice of it.   :o

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Outside work is in full swing, modeling on the way-back burner.

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

S&S RR

Good morning! It is snowing here this morning.  Melting as soon as it hits the ground but it sure does look cold.  I worked on some design work for the layout last night - that is as close as I will get to seeing my layout room for the next few days. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jim Donovan

Good Morning;

I am already at the bench! Coffee in hand and another pot brewing. Thanks for the pictures, that looks like some layout! My little effort would fit in its' closet.

Hope everyone enjoys a great day!

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

MartyO

Morning,

Slowly organizing my windows to find out what I need to order. It was very good for the mind.
Marty

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

I can smell the weekend. It smells good.

Received some goodies in the mail yesterday, so I'm now able to finish the stone building on the tribute.

Does anyone recognize where the attached water tower comes from?

S&S RR

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on April 15, 2021, 09:49:41 AM
Morning all.

I can smell the weekend. It smells good.

Received some goodies in the mail yesterday, so I'm now able to finish the stone building on the tribute.

Does anyone recognize where the attached water tower comes from?

My guess is that it is from George's scratch build parts box.  The ladder is from a fire escape kit - I believe it is plastic. It is far enough back on the layout that George was not worried about the fine details. When I was taking the pictures and reaching way over the layout to get the closeup shots George commented that he was wondering how well some of the small details in the back of the layout would hold up to the closeup photographs.  I think they did pretty well.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, John. That's good to know! And I totally agree, I think they hold up very well!

Any news on when he may open the doors again? I'm itching to make my first visit and take many photos of my own  8)

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Overcast and only in the low 50's for the next week...only 39 now...
Always thought from Model Tech Studios was a guess of that water tank here.
Only lived 30 minutes from the Illinois RR Museum back in the day.
Here's Sandy in 1978 with our youngest daughter there and a pair of boy/girl twins on board....
Time flies !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com