Saturday 17APR2021

Started by MAP, April 17, 2021, 07:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Good morning!  Everybody sleeping in today?  Cool but sunny here this morning.  Running out to get some breakfast with my better half, then running some errands.  Hope to get some train time in later today.  Be safe!
Mark

ACL1504

Morning Mark and others,

I was here but reading the other posts and getting caught up on forum threads.

Otherwise, I have nothing news worthy.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Morning,

The police here have been given the authorization to stop question why you are outside and fine you if you are not going for food doctor or essential work. Much like it was in Mongolia in the 1980s.
Marty

vinceg

Good morning, all.

Marty, where are you located?
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: MartyO on April 17, 2021, 08:05:51 AM
Morning,

The police here have been given the authorization to stop question why you are outside and fine you if you are not going for food doctor or essential work. Much like it was in Mongolia in the 1980s.

This is a belated April Fools joke, you're kidding, right..... ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Don't be happy.

Be safe. Think about your thoughts before you have them.

The thought police might fine you.

Jim Donovan

Good Morning;

Well looks like Heavy thunderstorms today. We have a frontal boundary sitting on top of us literally. Marty, I seriously hope you were kidding. I work at museum today then cleaning up layout.

Hope you have a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

S&S RR

Good morning! More moving stuff on the agenda for me, today. My brother and I are still cleaning out my mother's house so we can sell it. This is not an easy task, my friends. I hope to get back to finishing my challenge build next week.  Better late than never. :-[ ;)  I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MartyO

I live in Ontario and there is a huge spike in covid variants coming and they are trying to contain it. All the gory details, here

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61192/ontario-strengthens-enforcement-of-stay-at-home-order

And no it is real!! Not April Fools.

Hmm.
Marty

deemery

NMRA Seacoast spring meet (zoom) starts in a bit, I'm the second speaker today.  I'll show how I use PowerPoint (!!) to design structures. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Have a safe weekend !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Jerry

Morning everyone

No comment on Marty's situation!!

Errands to run then some bench time I hope.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Quote from: S&S RR on April 17, 2021, 09:28:51 AM
Good morning! More moving stuff on the agenda for me, today. My brother and I are still cleaning out my mother's house so we can sell it. This is not an easy task, my friends. I hope to get back to finishing my challenge build next week.  Better late than never. :-[ ;)  I hope everyone has a great day.

John, you have my best wishes for endurance in your work. I was the executor of my step-father's estate and he consoled himself while my mother was ill and especially after her passing with "collecting."  He had rooms filled with boxes of collectibles, with only a path through, plus an outdoor shed filled to the roof. We hired a top-notch antiques auctioneer to clean out the house and sell it.  For our situation, it was a good decision.

Still, we spent months cleaning, doing yard work, etc to keep the place in shape till the auction.

Take care,

--Opa George

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Put a prior build back on the workbench to fix/redo something I simply wasn't happy with.  More on that when I resurrect that particular build thread.

I do feel for you John.  Cleaning out my mothers room at the assisted living facility was a tough enough task but nowhere near a house sized effort.  Hang in there and use the time you do get to spending modeling or even thinking about the layout as therapy. 

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.