FSM Hiram bros. Wholesale Meats- For Sale

Started by ACL1504, April 22, 2021, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Prior to listing this on Ebay, I'm offering it here at a lower price.

I purchased Hiram's at a local train show some 25+ years ago. The seller stated he bought the kit at a train show up north. What you see here is how it was when I bought it. I was told this was one of a kind. I've never seen one since! The seller stated he started the kit and never finished it.

John Siekirk and I both spoke to George Sellios about the kit and he stated he has never seen or heard about this kit and had no other information.

The kit had no instructions but all the parts are present. There is no back wall. You can see where George has his located against the upper track. I checked all my FSM photos and don't have one of Hiram's back wall.

The concrete deck is carved from a Bals block and stained. The brick wall is a Trains of Texas wall.

I'm asking $175.00 with free shipping to the Continental United States.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

I'm a sucker for anything FSM.

Will think on this one. Thanks for putting it up, Tom.

S&S RR

I remember talking about this kit with George. Here is a picture of the backside that I found in my stash of pictures.  I'm not sure if this made the cut when I did the F&SM threads.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

John,

Thanks for the photo. I'll add this one to my photo stash. You may have used your camera stick to get the shot.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Nice kit Tom.....no place to put on the new A&S?  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Fascinating.  I've never seen this as a kit before, either.  The brick wall seems a bit shorter than the "prototype".  Wonder if it's a scratch built that didn't get finished.

Jeff

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Neat stuff...looks like a scratch built version someone made up for sale at a swap meet.
Remember seeing one on Ebay maybe 15 to 20 years ago...
Front wall has the 2 windows openings on the second story but no door to the front loading dock.
Train of Texas wall has 18 pane windows openings not 12 pane windows like George did, but it still is a rare collectors item ... a one of a kind !
What is the size of the roof in inches ?
The big question is did George build his structure first or was this kit that George used as an inspiration to scratch build his ?
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hey john:

Good pic of the back. Thanks for sharing.

Karl