Friday - April 23, 2021

Started by ReadingBob, April 23, 2021, 06:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Jumped out of bed early today to go outside and watch the SpaceX rocket launch from the Cape.  The skies were clear so I got a decent view of it from my backyard.  I haven't caught a night time launch in quite some time.

I spent my lunch hour at the workbench yesterday and got a fair amount accomplished.   :)

Some inspiration for the next step of my build which is rusting up the roof panels a bit.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

MAP

Good morning!  TGIF!  Great pic Bob.  Not much going on here.  Again I haven't been to the work bench for a while.  :-\   Maybe this weekend.  Ok, time for some coffee.  Be safe!
Mark

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

I did get a small amount done yesterday on the vehicle sitting on the workbench.  Only half a day of CME today.  Great photo, Bob.  Shows the side panels on the stucture haven't rusted, just the roof.

Jeff 

MartyO

Morning,

I am goosenecked out after making and bagging 8 fixtures. I am awaiting the windows order that seems to be in Miami today. I am not sure why it is the furthest from Toronto, Ontario it could possibly be.
Marty

ACL1504

Morning all,

Got nothing else to add.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning! Bob it must be really cool to watch the launches - it's on my bucket list to see one. I did get some more time at the workbench, yesterday. Today, I have some spring chores that need to be done. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks;

Coffee, paper and the pup. Life is good.  Some bench time planned but some house stuff too. It is great to see the US sending astronauts up from our own rockets once again. Space X sure has done a lot in a short time.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ReadingBob

Quote from: S&S RR on April 23, 2021, 07:46:36 AM
Good morning! Bob it must be really cool to watch the launches - it's on my bucket list to see one.

They are a sight to see even from where I'm located.  One of my wife's favorite places to go is Kennedy Space Center.  Takes us a little over an hour to get there.  I'm always awed by the Saturn V display.  There's so much to see there that you really can't do it all in one day.  If you're ever in the area it's a great place to visit.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

COVID test in a couple hours and first vaccine on Monday.

It's Friday. Can't believe the week has gone by already...

Love Fridays.

cuse

Disappointed to have missed the launch. I live in about as good a spot as you'd wish for to watch and the "dark" ones are breathtaking. I'll get 'em next time.

I'm hoping to finish my Pendleton's Marine build this weekend. The most daunting task remaining is building a small loading dock from strip wood and a couple of tin roofed awnings. I've also got to finish and attach some castings (which are primed but not painted). Then I'll apply my usual heavy-handed powders...then I'll fix that  ::)

[/size][size=78%]If I just make the time(s), I should have it planted by Sunday.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Have a great day...John[/size]

cuse

Just thought I'd throw this out there again if anybody's interested...

Also, I inventoried my complete Digitrax DCC setup including power unit, infrared booster,  2 hardly used infrared throttles, auto-reverse unit, etc. I have all of the manuals...I don't care to keep it around and somebody else would love it! I really don't care to bother with eBay or similar, so I'm trying to figure how to barter for something I can use. Any suggestions appreciated. If any of my forum friends are interested, I've got plenty of little vehicles I need built or some other labor or details or figures or small built-up swap. Would love to have some of my Minitrains stuff converted to Kadees...basically, I'm always interested in trading value for someone more precise in the kind of work that demands it...I can build beautiful stuff-just don't look too close ;D

[/size][size=78%]Just thinking out loud.[/size]

Blazeman

Getting shot #2 in about an hour.  Wonder what my reaction will be, or if I'll have any?

BandOGuy

Cuse'
Don't know what you want as barter for your Digitrax gear, but the Reading Modular Group would gladly accept Digitrax donations or possibly purchase the gear in question if the price is right. Post to my Message page above if interested.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com