Monday, April 26, 2021

Started by Opa George, April 26, 2021, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

Good morning, all,

Back to work after a highly enjoyable and productive weekend.  This is the final week of classes for our seniors. They have International Baccalaureate exams all next month.  Everyone has remarked how this school year has somehow simultaneously been the longest, yet the quickest anyone can remember.

Have a wonderful day!

--Opa George

ReadingBob

Good morning,

I had a productive weekend at the workbench right up until the point I hit a minor snag in my current build.  More on that when I start a build thread on it.   ::)  Now it's back to work for one of the worst weeks possible - PI planning.  Meetings, meetings, meetings followed by more meetings.   :(

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Haircut later this morning and some yard work after that.  It's going to be in the 70s today.

Jeff

MartyO

Morning,

There has to be a law somewhere that states if the skies are clear and the sun is shining that it cannot be cold. Lawn mowing today.
Marty

Jerry

Morning everyone

Errands to run this morning.
Weather in South Jersey sunny/42!

Bob did you say you had meetings today???? :'(

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Good morning! Waking up to snow again this morning. It is supposed to get to 54 degrees here today - the sun has some work to do to make that prediction come true. Lots of spring chores for me, today. I hope everyone has a great day.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Morning all,

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

That IB stuff was new to me when I first read about it maybe 20 years ago, when did it start?   (I went to a high school where I would have expected this to Be A Thing if it was around in the early '70s.  I do remember Advanced Placement exams, but my college wasn't interested in them.  Instead, I talked my way into Sophomore Calculus when I got there, without the hassle of the exam :-) ) 

I started today with more work on my geology project, handing off more data to my lab partner to look at.  She's wrapping up her Senior research project for another course, and then we'll turn to the project in Tectonics.  I've been with the same 2 or 3 kids for all of the courses the last 3 years, it'll be sad to see my "classmates" graduate.   Speaking of the geology, here's 2 live volcano cams from Iceland.  Be sure to check them late in the evening, the nigh time images have been really spectacular:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgyr3-DI5pr5Cnnv2A8shg

Maybe some time in the train room this afternoon, pondering a new project.  (But I've said that before.)  Since the backdrops are in place under the stairs, I think I'll try to do scenery work there.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Opa George

Quote from: deemery on April 26, 2021, 11:05:09 AM
That IB stuff was new to me when I first read about it maybe 20 years ago, when did it start?   (I went to a high school where I would have expected this to Be A Thing if it was around in the early '70s.  I do remember Advanced Placement exams, but my college wasn't interested in them.  Instead, I talked my way into Sophomore Calculus when I got there, without the hassle of the exam :-) ) 

I started today with more work on my geology project, handing off more data to my lab partner to look at.  She's wrapping up her Senior research project for another course, and then we'll turn to the project in Tectonics.  I've been with the same 2 or 3 kids for all of the courses the last 3 years, it'll be sad to see my "classmates" graduate.   Speaking of the geology, here's 2 live volcano cams from Iceland.  Be sure to check them late in the evening, the nigh time images have been really spectacular:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGgyr3-DI5pr5Cnnv2A8shg

Maybe some time in the train room this afternoon, pondering a new project.  (But I've said that before.)  Since the backdrops are in place under the stairs, I think I'll try to do scenery work there.

dave

Dave,
IB has been around since the 70s, but has only gotten popular in the US in the past 20 years as an alternative to AP classes.  Since then, it has really taken off.  Our school is deeply committed to it and we're the only school in central Pennsylvania to offer a full continuum IB curriculum (Kindergarten through senior).

Here is our info:  https://www.harrisburgacademy.org/about/international-baccalaureate

--Opa George

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Heavy rain last night and more today...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Shot one is done. Won't be any bigger news than that for today.