Sorry

Started by madharry, August 10, 2021, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Sorry I have been missing in action for a few weeks. The chores with moving into a new home etc.......My son-in-law bought a Tamiya 1/20 scale Jordan 191 Formula One kit and took one look at it. Then promptly asked me to make it for him. This is my first car kit and I found it struggle especially the 50 or so decals that needed applying.The decals were old and some unfortunately broke up before I could position correctly. I have mounted the model on a piece of "road" as it very fragile. This Jordan was the first Formula One drive for Michael Schumacher. He was on fire in his first race and was snapped up by the Beneton team never to race for Jordan again.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

You did A very nice job. Looks just beautiful. I really like the engine.

Karl

Janbouli

Mike you did great for a first F1 car build. And summer break in the F1 season seems like the right time to do it.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

Really nice Mike!  I can't recall the last time I built a model car (not HO scale) like that.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Great work, Mike.  I know with my recent airshow trip, I got a hankerin' to build a model plane.  Have resisted so far.   :)

Jeff

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Nice job Mike.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

rslaserkits

nice job on what is call one of the best looking F1 cars ever
rich

madharry

Quote from: PRR Modeler on August 10, 2021, 12:54:02 PM
Very nice Mike
Thanks very much Curt. Many condolences of your Mother's recent passing.
Mike

madharry

Thanks for the nice comments Karl, Bob, John, Rick.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 11, 2021, 07:46:57 AM
Nice job Mike.....well done.  8)
Thanks for the support Greg.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on August 11, 2021, 07:43:18 AM
Great work, Mike.  I know with my recent airshow trip, I got a hankerin' to build a model plane.  Have resisted so far.   :)

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I have got a few kits tucked away in a drawer. My father flew a Spit during the war.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on August 11, 2021, 04:31:43 AM
Mike you did great for a first F1 car build. And summer break in the F1 season seems like the right time to do it.
Thanks Jan I appreciate it. Yes while the tempo has been raised it is not at the levels of say Prost and Senna or Schumacher and Hill.
Mike