FOS Marshall's Boat and Gas

Started by ReadingBob, April 29, 2021, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKP768

tom.boyd.125

Bob,
Looking good !
How do you take these photos when your hands are never free ?
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

nycjeff

Hello Bob, another great start to a very informative build thread. I always learn some additional tips and techniques from you. I really hope that someday you can get started on a layout for all of the terrific builds that you produce.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Opa George

Really enjoying this build, Bob.  Nice little kit that I may have to pick up one day.
I also like the corrugated roofing material in these kits. I think it's easier to work with than the actual metal.

Looking good so far!

--Opa George

Mark Dalrymple

Coming on really nicely, Bob.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Bob

Real looking great. Another fine build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

MAP

Looking great Bob!  Always enjoy your builds, full of pictures and techniques.
Mark

ReadingBob

Quote from: Jerry on April 30, 2021, 09:07:50 AM
There must be a creek along the Reading somewhere!

Your usual great tutorial and fine workmanship.

Jerry

:)  Well Jerry the Reading did run along the Schuylkill River and, if I'm not mistaken, the Lehigh as well.  I doubt I could find as many waterfront structures as I have on both combined but what the heck.  It'll be my little world when I build it and my rules.   ;D

Thanks so much for the kind words!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 30, 2021, 09:18:54 AM
Another Bob Build.....I'll be looking in.  :)

Thanks Greg!  Great to see you again yesterday.  Looking forward to the next visit to the A&S.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: NKP768 on April 30, 2021, 10:53:31 AM
Really looks good Bob

Doug

Thanks Doug!  Another neat little kit for FOS.  I really enjoy building the smaller ones like this.  :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on April 30, 2021, 10:56:42 AM
Bob,
Looking good !
How do you take these photos when your hands are never free ?
Tommy

Thanks Tommy!  I have an old Sony camera that still has some buttons on the back.  I can reach over it and, by feel, press the bottom button which turns on the delay timer.  When this camera gives up the ghost I'm not sure what I'll do.  All the newer cameras I've seen are all touch screen controls so the by feel thing won't work.  I'm not sure if you set the delay timer to be on permanently or if you have to do it manually each time.  I guess I'll worry about that if/when the time comes.   ;)

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: nycjeff on April 30, 2021, 01:20:30 PM
Hello Bob, another great start to a very informative build thread. I always learn some additional tips and techniques from you. I really hope that someday you can get started on a layout for all of the terrific builds that you produce.   Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  My plan is to start with a 2' by 4' module and completely finish that first.  I do need to clean out the garage and redo the shelving on one wall first.  When I finally retire in a few years I won't have work to use and excuse for procrastinating on getting started.   ::)

Happy to share the tips and techniques that I use here.  Heck, I learned a lot of them here and on the old forum.  It's what we do here.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Opa George on April 30, 2021, 06:30:43 PM
Really enjoying this build, Bob.  Nice little kit that I may have to pick up one day.
I also like the corrugated roofing material in these kits. I think it's easier to work with than the actual metal.

Looking good so far!

--Opa George

Thanks Opa George!  I wasn't sold on this type of corrugated roofing material the first few times I used it but I've since come around to liking it.  it's the old stuff that got me into the habit of cutting it to size prior to painting rather than the other way around.  There was little point in painting that first and then cutting it because you'd end up with too many shiny edges that needed to be touched up after you cut it.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on May 01, 2021, 03:42:26 PM
Coming on really nicely, Bob.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks Mark!  I'm enjoying this one so far.  It's a simple little kit but I love these little waterfront type structures.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: S&S RR on May 01, 2021, 09:32:42 PM
Bob

Real looking great. Another fine build.

Thanks John!  Appreciate you're taking the time to check in with all that you have going on these days.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net